Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
May 21, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #436 of 4,032
  Hello,
Has anyone used them with just an ipod?  I am really interested in buying them, but do not have an amp...

I have used it with ipod Touch 4th Gen. Usable without an amp with that. But I have no idea about other ipods...

May 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #437 of 4,032
Add the Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2 to the list. Plugged in my B3 into the insect today, and the synergy was very good. I think the Audinst MX1 was slightly more neutral overall, but the Dragonfly augments the great soundstage of the B3 really well, and that's a huge plus in my books. 

May 24, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #438 of 4,032

... Has anyone used them with just an ipod?  I am really interested in buying them, but do not have an amp...

I can listen with an iPod Nano 5th gen. I have to turn it up to about 60% volume. I was actually surprised I was able to do this, based on what everyone was saying about how hard they are to drive. But then again I don't think I listen as loud as many others do. I prefer an amp generally (even with headphones that don't need them) because it fills out the sound IMO.

May 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #439 of 4,032
I can listen with an iPod Nano 5th gen. I have to turn it up to about 60% volume. I was actually surprised I was able to do this, based on what everyone was saying about how hard they are to drive. But then again I don't think I listen as loud as many others do. I prefer an amp generally (even with headphones that don't need them) because it fills out the sound IMO.
The amp is more to give the havi a fuller sound as you described. Let's just be honest, depending on what you are using, they sound thin and anemic unamped.

May 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #443 of 4,032
The amp is more to give the havi a fuller sound as you described. Let's just be honest, depending on what you are using, they sound thin and anemic unamped.

As its explained before, it is source dependent to sound good or bad directly :wink: if your source is powerful they don't sound thin and anemic. You just cant love them through Fuze for example. But add a Fiio E11 to the chain and its done :wink: but dont need to this for ipod touch 4th gen and 50% volume is appropirate for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back