Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #61 of 4,032
Electronic and fast music plays extremely well on these... These drivers acts like armatures... If you like this kind of music I will highly suggest you to try Magic "Infected Mushroom" albums :wink: they're mind blowing with B3's :))  you can try Never Mind track from the "Army of Mushrooms" album!!! (your brain can jump out of your head BEWARE!)

And I will suggest another type of music:

London Grammar, "if you wait" album (heavenly with B3's)  :wink:

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #62 of 4,032
  Looking forward to what you make of the flange tips! Since Bhazard mentioned that they were his favourite tips, they will probably turn out well. Keep us updated! (tempted to get some myself 
biggrin.gif
)

It will be pleasure for me to make a mini review and post some photos
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #63 of 4,032
b3 pro1s voice feel transported
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #64 of 4,032

It will be pleasure for me to make a mini review and post some photos
wink.gif

Thank you .. man! really looking forward for it.
wink.gif

I could realized quite some potentials on these, e.g. great sound stage and separation. But because of fit issue, I found thin mid, sub-bass is recessed and lack some quantity. Or may be I need to give it some more burn-in?

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #66 of 4,032
  Electronic and fast music plays extremely well on these... These drivers acts like armatures... If you like this kind of music I will highly suggest you to try Magic "Infected Mushroom" albums :wink: they're mind blowing with B3's :))  you can try Never Mind track from the "Army of Mushrooms" album!!! (your brain can jump out of your head BEWARE!)

And I will suggest another type of music:

London Grammar, "if you wait" album (heavenly with B3's)  :wink:

Infected Mushroom tracks do indeed sound good with the B3! I actually have some tracks on my computer from them which I hadn't heard in a long time but I took it out to test and wasn't disappointed!

Thank you .. man! really looking forward for it.
wink.gif

I could realized quite some potentials on these, e.g. great sound stage and separation. But because of fit issue, I found thin mid, sub-bass is recessed and lack some quantity. Or may be I need to give it some more burn-in?

Your problem sounds like the lack of burn in. How much of it have you done? Personally for me, it took nearly 10-15 hours of burn in with moderate volume pink noise before they finally settled where they are now.

The mids are supposed to be slightly more forward and thicker than the average. Bass is very tip dependent, but if I'm assuming you're using the stock tips, they shouldn't really be recessed too. Try giving it more burn it, do some tip swapping, and it will likely get much better! (Stock --> Foam = Bass Reduced + Airier + Clarity and Detailing Improved; Stock --> Sennheiser Flange = Everything improved supposedly)

Good Luck!

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #67 of 4,032
I can't get a seal with them:cry:...but they do sound delicious :yum:...also kc06 and it warrant to own both because they are different sounding. havi is bassier and ostry is flatter :yum::sunglasses:

That's quite odd? 
confused.gif

You clearly mentioned on multiple occasions (before your KC06 came it at least) that the B3 was incredible, epic, improving constantly with additional burn in, and punching its weight at the 200+ price point, and various other superlatives. I don't think that can really be the case, considering the B3 is so tip and fit dependent!

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #69 of 4,032
I have to mention again: Havi's are tip and insertion depth dependent to sound good. Also they don't match with some sources (don't know why).

They need at least 10-15hrs of burn-in as well.

My B3's are the most open, clear sounding iems I have ever heard (including headphones). Sound is so linear that I couldn't complain about anything. My descriptions on the sound don't match with yours mochill. And I also remember you call them as top tier and epic...

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #72 of 4,032
So my double flange Sennheiser tips arrived today and they manage to get a seal quite easily in my ears with large tips. Was using noble audio tips prior but usually needed some adjusting but the might stick with the Sennheiser tips now.

Does it change the sound for you? Any differences?

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #74 of 4,032

I use B3 with IPC is very good,voice is soft and transparent, but  waste power.

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #75 of 4,032
perhaps the last performance update I will make about the B3

no new toy syndrome with these. they are very very good, the best bang for buck IEM I have listened to so far

it's been 3 weeks since I've gotten them, and these are the real deal. I've been alternating equally between my R50 and B3 as my go-to IEMs. I will be buying the KC06 and probably the KC06A together some time next month after exams (and my wallet recovers) so I'll make a detailed comparison then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back