Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Mar 27, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #31 of 4,032
Plus I just ordered an fiio x5:sunglasses:

I like the design of the X5. Its the sexiest looking dap. I hope this applies to the sound as well.

It will be good if you share your experiences when you got it mochill!

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #32 of 4,032

I like the design of the X5. Its the sexiest looking dap. I hope this applies to the sound as well.

It will be good if you share your experiences when you got it mochill!

I agree, the X5 looks great. I'm so happy with my X3 that I doubt I'll bother to upgrade it though.

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #33 of 4,032
To fully appreciate the sound and capabilities of B3 Pro1, I highly suggest you to listen to this album:  Poliça  "Shulamith"  (FLAC or 320kbps if possible)

and especially this song from Nicolas Jaar:

Nicolas Jaar "Colomb"    (... please wait till the end of the song)

I am listening back to all my album collection because some of them sound unbelievably well with Havi!

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #35 of 4,032
  I have received an email from Penon audio and the mail confirms that Havi produced 3 different versions so far:

B3 Pro1, B3 Pro EX and B3 Pro2.

B3 Pro EX (Extra Bass) produced only in limited quantities and it is no longer in production.

All the happy users here reported that they have the B3 Pro1 version.

This clarifies the questions and discussions regarding the bad sounding B3 Pro samples... (which are either supposed to be B3 Pro EX or B3 Pro2).

If Havi put clear indications for the customers to understand which version they were purchasing it would be good...

Still the only way to distinguish the B2 Pro1 is to see a red dot sticker on the top of the transparent plastic package...

in their web site i see B3,B6,B9 are they equal to B3 Pro1, B3 Pro EX and B3 Pro2.
Why would they make three model which looks extractly the same ??
confused.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #36 of 4,032
  in their web site i see B3,B6,B9 are they equal to B3 Pro1, B3 Pro EX and B3 Pro2.
Why would they make three model which looks extractly the same ??
confused.gif

No, B6 and B9 are future models.

The only difference between three B3 Pro models are sound tuning.

I have information on B6 which is going to be released next month.

You can't find information about B3 Pro EX because they did not give enough information for the customers to distinguish it from the original Pro1. As I remember it was named just "Pro enhanced". So people thought it was Pro original version.

But the users who bought Pro EX instead of Pro1 learned it the hard way... Some users opened them and reported. It looks the same as Pro1 and without resistors inside. Pro EX reported to sound less clear, with more bass and narrower sound-stage. Its no longer in production.

Naming and labeling is a problem which Havi have to solve...

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #37 of 4,032

No, B6 and B9 are future models.

I have information on B6 which is going to be released next month.

do you know the differences between them i mean B3P1 and B6?
thanks for putting this very informative thread.
i purchased the b1 then i canceled the order because i thought it was more gamble because there were two versions and if i got unlucky i might end up with the bad one.     

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #40 of 4,032
Pe
do you know the differences between them i mean B3P1 and B6?
thanks for putting this very informative thread.
i purchased the b1 then i canceled the order because i thought it was more gamble because there were two versions and if i got unlucky i might end up with the bad one.     
Penon audio is a safe place to buy the Pro1 (in my experience).

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #44 of 4,032
Guys, I need some help in distinguishing between terms like: dark, warm, open, spacious. this confusion has come about from reading the conflicting interpretations of the B3 and then subsequently some of the posts in the KC06 thread.

the only analogy I can use is as follows:

my rockit R50 sound like music is playing in a large concert hall.

my B3s sound like music is playing in an even larger concert hall but with the walls layered with a layer of carpet

my question specifically being, is it possible to sound dark/warm (are they even the same thing?) while also being airy/open/spacious? (not sure if they mean the same thing as well)

any input or clarification would be greatly appreciated. apologies if I'm wide off the mark here!

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #45 of 4,032
just a quite update on my experience with the B3s:

despite the good fit i had with the small-sized stock tips, i switched over to the foam tips provided just to see if it would get better, and it did!

my review a few days back mentioned that the B3s were a little towards the warm/dark (still waiting for some clarification ^) side. the foam tips changed that completely. it definitely leans more toward an the airy/open tone now, though not signficantly so. upon examining both tips, i suppose some part of it has to do with the foam tips being slightly wider in diameter. it was also much easier to put on as compared to the original small-sized tips which i had to practically jam up the thick top portion of the nozzle.

i'm not sure if the following is a result of that, but the bass now also seems slightly reduced, in quantity at least, whereas the detailing/ clarity is also a tad better. again, i'm not sure if this is the right phrase for description, but the overall sounds seems 'cleaner'.

on the overall, i think i will stick to the foam tips as i like it more (not saying the small-sized normal tips were bad either). they are now perhaps more similar in sound signature to my R50s, though still being slightly better in soundstage and bass, while being weaker in mids and treble (no shame in that really!)

if i really liked the B3s before, i can safely say i'm in love with it now.

cheers everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back