Have You Tried - Valab Sound Enhancer Input Transformer?
Apr 30, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 13
Hey it’s a Magic Box!

Foolishness- “Everything is better after you connect it into your audio system.”

“If you ever use MIT audio interconnects”

“Here we develop our own magic box implemented by our novel audio transformer technology.”

0688_12.JPG

Why would anyone want to add more interconnects cheap RCA’s and transformers to a system? At $120 there’s about $20 worth of parts and $20 labor.

No I haven’t tried it and Yes I think its garbage.

Mitch

Apr 30, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 13
That was my initial reaction also.

It's so difficult to believe that somehow integrating 2 transformers in the interconnect chain - would do anything to improve the sound.

But... I thought, I'd find out... if anyone... has tried it... or... understands the engineering principals involved... and... whether those are rational, or irrational.

Apr 30, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #5 of 13
"Like a tube buffer?"

Not really- a tube buffer is used to drive longer lengths or to match different input/output impedances. This doesn’t really claim to do anything.

Lots of great buzz words and even a few supposedly technical terms but in essence they don’t claim it does anything. The Auction Text alone is reason to avoid the product.

Mitch

Apr 30, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 13
A transformer will break ground loops which reduces or eliminates hum & noise. Assuming the transformer is of decent quality, this will improve the sound.

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 13
"A transformer will break ground loops which reduces or eliminates hum & noise.

Those problems can be resolved for next to nothing without buying that piece of gear.

"Assuming the transformer is of decent quality"

There's 2 in there for $120- how good could they be? The enclosure and paint cost more then the transformers.

Mitch

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A transformer will break ground loops which reduces or eliminates hum & noise. Assuming the transformer is of decent quality, this will improve the sound.

So... then... assuming they are of "decent quality" (though they may not be) - they would quiet the background sufficiently to provide the perception of more details and resolution - is that about it?

That would be so... even though the set up has no audible hum or noise - I suppose, because the hum, or noise may be concealed by the signal - is that right?

But... it would have to be a pretty subtle improvement - I would think?

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #9 of 13
"even though the set up has no audible hum or noise"

If there is No Audible Hum or Noise and you remove it how can you hear what the unheard Hum or Noise was concealing?

Mitch

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #10 of 13
Ground loops and assorted hums can, and should be, eliminated by other means. This is sort of like using duct tape to close up a cut on your arm. Yes, it can work, but there are better ways to address the problem. Not to mention that transformers will siphon power from the signal. Maybe not a problem with a 100W speaker amp, but a 300mW headphone amp would be affected. So would a SE fleawatt amp.

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"A transformer will break ground loops which reduces or eliminates hum & noise.

Those problems can be resolved for next to nothing without buying that piece of gear.

Usually, but not always. Sometimes one can run into a stubborn ground loop which can't be broken without the use of transformers. It's fairly rare but it does happen from time to time, which is why Cinemag, Lundahl and others make transformers for the specific purpose of breaking ground loops.

Quote:

If there is No Audible Hum or Noise and you remove it how can you hear what the unheard Hum or Noise was concealing?

RFI. You can't hear it, but if it gets into the circuitry of the amplifier you'll likely hear its effects. The high frequency noise can cause IM distortion in the signal as well as slewing distortion since audio circuits generally aren't meant to handle signals in the 100's of kHz or MHz range. Keep the RFI out of the amp's circuits and it will sound cleaner and less fatiguing, and a transformer can do that.

Apr 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #12 of 13
LOL...count the typos and grammatical errors. Even given that this person is not a native English speaker, this is pretty bad:

Valab Sound Enhancer (Magic Box)

If you ever use MIT audio interconnects, you may curies about the 'magic box' beset on it. It is actually an great innovation in audio engineering.

Here we develop our own magic box implemented by our novel audio transformer technology.
1 This tiny box will extend the sound spectrum, giving you deep and tide base together with extended high, wider/deeper sound stage.

2. And also you will even listen more music detail and better music separation. Everything is better after you connect it into your audio system.

3. It work very like a Sound Enhencer/Maximizer but it work passively, no power input required and sound very natural and vivid, nothing artifact.
The core of this magic box is two 1:1 repeating transformer, made by expensive amphorous core and wired by biflayer topology. You can see our frequency spectrum at fihure3, our transformer technology give this magic box incredible frequency response: 10~100k +-0.2db and almost no phase shifting even at 1Mhz frequency.

Our Magic Box is made by thick chrome base stainless chassis, pure silver internal wire and high grade gold plated RCA jacket. We do our best to made it indispensable for all real audiophiles.

I know it is very hard to convince you a passive device can enhance music detail and extend both end of frequency response! I will keep patience and accumulate more credits for this wonderful product. If you even use it, it will be most indispensable device ever installed in your audio system.

We use EMS air express for International shipping. Shipping fee to US and Europe is $30usd, to Australia, Asia is $20. It is insurance included and you can track your parcel on-line. It will take 5~7 working days to delivery your order to your home.

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #13 of 13
BRIDGE FOR SALE:

(Sorry if this isnt in the bridge section, mods can move it there if they want).

Knome living under it for 400 years.
Good fishing in the stream below.

Elvis kissed Marilyn Monroe under on it once.

All original construction, never reconstructed.

Joseph Grado thought of his first headphone while daydreaming on it one night.

The Ark of the Covenant is buried under it, and the Holy Grail, as well as the Ten Commandments.

Rare Earth Magnet Mine under it, great for making high end audio transformers.

Starting bid: $50,000,000usd.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back