Have you ever invented a cocktail?
Apr 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

moogoob

Headphoneus Supremus
Ever been at/hosting a party, found yourself with random liquors/beverages and just decided "hey, let's mix 'em and see what happens"? I have.
biggrin.gif

-Ice Pick
--Short, fat glass
--fill quarter-way with Tanquerey Gin. Preferably stored overnight in the freezer.
--splash of Peppermint Schnapps
--single, big ice cube sitting in the middle.
---named after how I felt the day after
redface.gif

-Robaxiset
--Tall glass
--fill with cream soda
--add some gin
---spend the rest of the party daring other people to try it and ask them what it tastes like. (the answer: bad cough syrup)

-The Mister Bubble
--Bottle of Pepsi (this is important! Not Coke, not RC Cola, Pepsi.)
--Take a swig of the Pepsi and fill with Gin. Close bottle and mix.
--Take another swig and add a little bit of Peach Schnapps.
---The end result is pretty nice, actually. Has a vague aftertaste of kids' bubble-bath mix.
wink.gif

-The Gin
--Little bottle of Tanquerey, room temperature.
--Open bottle, swig. Repeat.
---You might regret this one. I didn't invent it either, though it has become sort of my trademark at parties.

So, anyone else invent any drinks?

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 35
I did once with a group of mates by mixing everyhting we had left. It was absolutly fantastic. Sadly however we have never been able to recreate it.

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 35
Oh God LOL,

Way back many moons ago in my teenage years we had this aweful concoction we used to make on the weekends when our underage selves could not get beer or decent alcohol.

We called it "bullfrog"....Basically you bought/stole Mad dog wine (white not the purple), and mixed it with squirt citrus soda.

Oh the memories....good and bad LOL
atsmile.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 35
I like Diet Orange Slice with Vodka. No carbs, which is good, as i am a diabetic.

Another one...Tall glass of Rootbeer,1 or 2 shots of peppermint schnapps, scoop of vanilla icecream. Use a spoon!
smily_headphones1.gif

All sugar-free (except the schnapps, but one shot isnt much sugar for a dessert drink)

Apr 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 35
I really like grenadine, it's very useful stuff. Mix half a shot with some sprite or 7up in your normal 12-16 oz glass, and add vodka. Extremely tasty. The vodka makes the flavors really jump out. Personally, I just use diet sprite or diet 7up, it tastes nearly identical to regular to me.

Apr 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 35
I mix new drinks all the time, sometimes successful, sometimes not. Couldn't recall any particular drink at this point, but instead I'll recommend one:

Paranoid:
3cl fresh lemon juice
1cl lingonberry syrup
2cl blueberry liqueur
2cl gin
Shake vigorously with ice, strain and add a dash of soda water.

Personally my favorite.

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw love "the Gin" but really you ought to try better gins than Tanquerey

try Pink 47 and Hendricks

*writes those down for next time he visits the LCBO*
wink.gif

I'll try those. Tanq has a bit of nostalgia for me, though. At least it's the only commonly-available gin I can drink straight.

EDIT: It's all about getting to the point where you've torn that little read plastic seal off the Tanq bottle and adhered it to your forehead... good times.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Down yonder an Ice Pick is iced tea and vodka. Makes for a mighty fine porch drink.

Sometimes I actually call it an Iceberg as it's more fitting with the ice cube placed rattling around in the gin, but Ice Pick was what I called it first. Besides, many drinks share names. Just try ordering a "martini" and see what the bartender does. They should by all rights mix gin and vermouth, shake with ice and serve with an olive, but the name "martini" has come to mean "anything served in a long-stemmed glass with an inverse-cone shape".

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mix new drinks all the time, sometimes successful, sometimes not. Couldn't recall any particular drink at this point, but instead I'll recommend one:

Paranoid:
3cl fresh lemon juice
1cl lingonberry syrup
2cl blueberry liqueur
2cl gin
Shake vigorously with ice, strain and add a dash of soda water.

Personally my favorite.

Sorry to accidentally not quote this one in my other post, but I missed it.
THIS SOUNDS VERY GOOD. I have to make it this summer. Now... where to get my hands on Lingonberry syrup... or a measuring cup that uses centiliters for that matter. Canada's supposed to be metric, aren't we?.
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #11 of 35
Bitter Deacon

2 oz. gin
Grapefruit juice
Angostura bitters

Mix the gin and grapefruit juice in a tall glass filled with ice. Add a few dashes of bitters and stir.

2000 Flushes

2 oz. vodka
2 oz. blue curacao
Sprite/7Up style soft drink

Mix in tall glass with ice. Very much resembles toilet bowl cleaner, hence the name. A variant uses Coke/Pepsi instead of citrus soda; we call that "Swamp Thang."

For cocktails, I usually stick with the Greyhound 90% of the time, but occasionally love a Gimlet. Though I typically go for dark beers and red wines.

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #12 of 35
oh yes, into one big punch bowl goes;

all parts peach schnapps
all parts malibu
all parts tia maria
one bag of smarties for a splash of colour

a big hit with the ladies
beerchug.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to accidentally not quote this one in my other post, but I missed it.
THIS SOUNDS VERY GOOD. I have to make it this summer. Now... where to get my hands on Lingonberry syrup... or a measuring cup that uses centiliters for that matter. Canada's supposed to be metric, aren't we?.
wink.gif

Well, in theory as long as the proportions are correct, it shouldnt be a trouble, just need to make sure that the dash is in proportion with the rest. As for lingonberry syrup... you could reduce some cranberry juice, perhaps to a third or so (until syrupy)? If the syrup isnt sour enough just add some more lemon juice to the mix.

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #14 of 35
I was just thinking of a drink I really enjoyed when I was drinking Crown Royal and Ginger Ale a lot. It was a Crown and cream soda on the rocks, I called it a Crown & Cream. Damn good.

Guess I'm getting old, but soda is just too sweet for me now, so its just a Makers Mark Bourbon on the rocks!
cool.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #15 of 35
the New Haven Water:
Vodka and Fresca. Very simple. And the name is not suggesting that New Haven(ites?) are alcoholics, but commenting on the water quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back