Have you broken any bones?
Oct 12, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #31 of 49
Forgot to add to my broken arm. I broke my baby toe about 6 months ago. Should probably get it taken care of but I don't think they can do anything...person still hurts any time I move it.

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #32 of 49
I broke my little finger once while in primary school. It got caught in one of those huge firedoors that are situated along the hallways, to this day I am actually happy it wasn`t cut off, those doors are heavy as hell.

Oct 12, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #33 of 49
Glad to hear that! It really freaks me out that it was such a close call! :wink:

Oct 12, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am always paranoid about someone opening the door just as I go to grab the handle, breaking my fingers
eek.gif

I've had that exact scenario present itself a suprising number of times in the last few years. But I've noticed that when I stop to open a door I unconsciously stand with a foot ahead of my shoulder-line. The door opens quickly, is stopped by my shoe, and haven't suffered any jammed fingers or bloddy noses.

Back on topic:

left tibia and left kneeback in 1999

right tibia (and some nerve damage) in 2006

my wife has broken her left ankle 12+ times in her life (a genetic condition in her family, 'club foot' is quite common.)

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #36 of 49
i guess teeth count as bone so yep a tooth broke off via a baseball. now that's some high heat!

Oct 12, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at least not that i know of... maybe they healed themselves

You'd know.

Oct 12, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #40 of 49
I broke both my pinky toes several times during skimming. Normally I just put them back into place imediately so it's doesn't heal out of place. I have cracked my ribs as well quite some times during the falls when skimming as well.

Even though it's not a bone, I also had a ruptured (torn) meniscus in my left knee. 6 weeks and one surgery later everything is back in place and no more sports competition for me. This sucks because I had to quit sailing and the tournaments.

Oct 14, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #42 of 49
Finger
Toes
Arm
Scapula (shattered into 4 pieces)
Ribs (too many to count)

All due to either sports, skate boarding or motorcycling oops.

Edit: Oops, forgot I fractured my skull on the side of a swimming pool as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back