Have there always been people like this?
Jun 25, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #16 of 56
It seems a lot of kids today have this sense of entitlement. I know I didn't have it when I was a teenager more than 20 years ago. For some reason, kids today think they should have the same things their parents have, but without the work and struggle their parents went thru to get those things. I blame the parents for this as the kids are only demonstrating behaviours and values they were taught growing up. Remember, the apple never falls too far from the tree!
icon10.gif

I definitely think this sense of entitlement is more widespread now than it was 20 years ago...

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #17 of 56
Hey my Excel had a name too! "Pooka" after the impish Irish Ghost Donkey. Inherited that name from my sister in fact. Yeah, those were the days.

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #18 of 56
OMG! I didn't get my Lexus until I was 21!

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdelayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If she were my daughter, she wouldn't have gotten a Lexus in the first place.

Hell, she wouldn't have gotten a Kia.

I might consider giving her a AMC Gremlin.

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 56
MTV pure genius! Their producers can smell stupid at twice the range of Jerry, Maury, Jenny, and Montel. Let's face it, Stupid makes for good TV, and stupid sells as good as sex.

Runner up for profiling stupid is A&E for Growing Up Gotti.

"My gold chain ma! It's not big enough ma."

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #21 of 56
I do really wonder about the parents. If it were my kid, I would teach her a lesson. If she griped about a new car, I'd tell her then she doesn't have to have a car. I'd tell her she'd have to buy what she could afford with her own money (and I would not have given her that much of an allowance, even if I was stinking rich). But because she threw a tantrum for getting a car too early (of all things), something tells me she was way too spoiled even as a tot.

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #22 of 56
The parents only have themselves to blame. I've seen this problem in high income areas... I notice a lot of kids like this in Danville, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, etc. no appreciation for the value of money or earning what they get.

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #23 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do really wonder about the parents. If it were my kid, I would teach her a lesson..

Yeah me as well. Managers, welcome your new employee around a decade from now.

There's been some interesting articles about "managing millenials" circling the press at the moment.

NPR did a story which documented a company that held a meeting every morning to give out daily achievement awards. A baby boomer won and said, "I don't understand. I was just doing my job." A twenty eight year old added "I think it's great they recognize us *daily*."

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #24 of 56
Yes, and more than you think.
and for some reason people blame one segment of the population.

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #25 of 56
OMG!! Like, I could not understand one *beep* word she was *beep*ing saying!! What?? Does that mean I like, need a new amp? 'Cause all my friends have newer amps, and now I guess they can understand sixteenspeak and I can't, and I'm totally left out!!

Do you know how bad this makes me look?? Blessingx I hate you!! You *bleep* ruined my whole *bleep* day!!

------------

P.S. Interesting post. Yeah, I think this kind of thing has been around for a while. Remind me to lend you my copy of "Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World."

Jun 25, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of respect for human life, I hesitate to say that she should be shot, but let's just say that I have 0 respect for her.

Let me say it then: She should be shot.

I don't know what's more disturbing, her behaviour or the fact that I see this kind of behaviour almost daily, seemingly unrelated to family income (don't just blame the rich).

Jun 25, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #27 of 56
Whatever happened to kids making their own money? A Lexus SC430 for a 16th birthday, ****, how about a pen as a present so they can fill out about an application form at their first job? Damn rich spoiled kids. Rewards are fine, but somebody that throws those kinds of tantrums shouldn't be given a car. Hey, at least it's a convertible, so when she flips it, it'll be the end of that.

Jun 25, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #28 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever happened to kids making their own money? A Lexus SC430 for a 16th birthday, ****, how about a pen as a present so they can fill out about an application form at their first job? Damn rich spoiled kids. Rewards are fine, but somebody that throws those kinds of tantrums shouldn't be given a car. Hey, at least it's a convertible, so when she flips it, it'll be the end of that.

AHAHAHAHA
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #29 of 56
So what was wrong with the car?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what was wrong with the car?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing wrong with the car. Giving an expensive car to the wayward kid that does not appreciate the value of money is wrong I guess. Who said there ain't no free lunch? It looks there is... for some people.

Speaking of car, I never able to get that excel even if I wanted it for a while. I drove that a few times, and wow... this excel is very nice to compare with... yugo, that I got my drivers license with. Hah. Anybody still remember that car? ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back