Haute Schiit! Bifrost is world's most affordable fully upgradable DAC
Jul 31, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #91 of 326
It's August! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #92 of 326
yes! and i love the word play.

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #93 of 326
Aug 1, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #94 of 326
Hey guys, I currently have a Lyr and am thinking of getting a dac to pair with it. Do you guys think that the Bifrost-Lyr combo would be better than say the Burson 160D or Dacmini? Thanks a lot. Btw, I'll be using it with Audeze Lcd 2s, Hifiman He-4s and Akg K701s.

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #95 of 326
Hey guys, I currently have a Lyr and am thinking of getting a dac to pair with it. Do you guys think that the Bifrost-Lyr combo would be better than say the Burson 160D or Dacmini? Thanks a lot. Btw, I'll be using it with Audeze Lcd 2s, Hifiman He-4s and Akg K701s.

No one outside of Schiit has heard one. While I'm fairly sure what their response would be, anyone else on these forums offering you advice on that would be flat out guessing.

Either wait for people to get them in early Sept and review them, or pre-order and use the 15-day money back guarantee to form your own opinion.

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #96 of 326

Quote:

It would be better on your wallet!  
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #97 of 326
No one will truly know what is better until a few experienced veterans on here get a hold of the Bifrost and see how it stacks up against some more expensive equipment. The way Schiit audio has been going though the Bifrost might not be a unanimous winner against higher priced dacs, but surely a cheaper option without sacrificing too much performance.

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #98 of 326
I don't own any of the Schiit products and nor do I plan to buy anything from them any time soon ... I'm just too pleased with my go to desktop rig of the past two years or so ... but were I in the market for something new (which I'm often not) ... I would certainly give them a shot.

But that said ... it's totally cool to see a company come out and and release some products that are both designed well and (according to the ongoing dialogue) seem to perform fairly well too.

I love it when new players/builders do good and better the scene ... keep it up, yo!!

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #99 of 326
Hey Jason, just double checking, there are two (Meaning 2 pairs of) RCA outputs correct? I plan on pre ordering one quite soon lol.

Everything about this has got me telling all my friends not to even bother with anything else lol. The search ends here.

Aug 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #101 of 326
Jason: will pre-orders placed within the next couple of weeks still ship around 8/31? Or in other words, any pre-order spots still open for the first batch?

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #102 of 326
^^Haha, k. Thanks guys. Really looking forward to some impressions on this Dac and the upcoming flagship Dac too. Been really impressed by their stuff so far. IMHO, the Lyr is    better than the burson, woo audio 6se and concerto for driving orthos though not quite up to the standard of my big wa5 yet :)

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #103 of 326
Is it worth upgrading from my nuforce DAC to this? I currently own a Valhalla and....don't feel I'm getting the most out of it, to say the least. That or I should give up on the Valhalla and try a new amp. Torn here.

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #104 of 326
Which nuforce DAC do you have? Valhalla is capable of some wonderful sound, so I'd be sure I'm getting the best bang for the buck with my DAC, source, etc. A good DAC can make a huge difference, but it'll only be noticeable if your source material is good/hires.

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #105 of 326
the uDAC-2

I never got that "day and night difference" that a lot of people said when recommending it. It's doing a helluva lot for the earbuds I'm using right now at work, but when I added it to the valhalla setup (vs. no DAC at all) it was a very minor upgrade.

I've always found the valhalla to have really really low bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back