Hate me for asking, but which should I get:
Aug 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #17 of 30
OK, so now we will patronize you like good parents should and send you to your room for a time-out.

jk

But really, if you ever get interested in audiophilia let us know, and we'll be glad to help.

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #18 of 30
Thanks everyone. I know own the red mix masters and I am very pleased. This thread is pretty much dead now but feel free to say something. I love hearing what others think. :)

You like to hear what others think? Well in that case I'd rather have gone with the black/black headphones... Or at least the black/chrome :p

Teasing aside, tell us how you think! I do believe you made the right choice between the two, the MMMs are decent cans.

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #19 of 30
Reading this thread, I can say I appreciate the communities willingness to help the initial poster with their decision.  Despite feeling that Brain123 was about to make a huge mistake regardless of either of the two purchase decisions, I learned a lot here.  Great Post, and I appreciate all the honesty here.

My only other comment was whole concern about the fashion and the perceived status statement these rapper cans portray.   I think it would have been much cooler to have purchased a true quality audiophile product at the same price-point (like a Grado, Audio Technica, etc) and show them to your friends so they know what great $400 headphones sound like. This way you would be "Cool" as a leader, rather than worrying about being caught up in "lifestyle" and what everyone else thinks about how much you spent on your headphones.  To me its rather un-cool to be walking around with a pair of headphones that you knowingly paid $200 extra and the premium you spent will go write into the endorsers pocket.  Plus, you would be doing yourself and your ears a huge favor.   Not trying to be a hater, I'm just say'n man.   

Dr. Audio-PHIL

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #20 of 30
Just wondering, why are you limiting yourself to these two cans?

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #21 of 30
Should've got the matte black bro
cool.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:
You like to hear what others think? Well in that case I'd rather have gone with the black/black headphones... Or at least the black/chrome :p
Teasing aside, tell us how you think! I do believe you made the right choice between the two, the MMMs are decent cans.

Sorry, haven't been on this thread let alone head-fi in awhile. Anyways, they are incredibly balanced and loud, with leakage at a minimum. They also had a good warmth to them, it made my music feel like it was really flowing. I might even go out on a limb to say they are the best sounding celeb headphones out there. I had to trade them in though, because the headband grew four small cracks in it. I was very, very sad to take it back, but I didn't want headphones that break within 2 months of buying them. Thanks everyone, for keeping this thread alive a little bit.

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:
Just wondering, why are you limiting yourself to these two cans?

I'm not an audiophile of any kind, but I wanted decent cans. I got the mix masters because they got all positive reviews, and a large amount of features. They had a fine balance, and were $100 less than there competitors. I felt like I was really getting something that was worth it, and it was a lot of fun. Thanks

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #24 of 30
Oct 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:
I'm not an audiophile of any kind, but I wanted decent cans. I got the mix masters because they got all positive reviews, and a large amount of features. They had a fine balance, and were $100 less than there competitors. I felt like I was really getting something that was worth it, and it was a lot of fun. Thanks

Try the Aviators.

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #27 of 30
Skdy turned a new leaf with their re-release of the Hesh and Lowriders, as well as the Aviators and MMM's. I would highly suggest the MMM's over the Beats Pro in all categories. I prefer the SQ of the MMM's for techno/dub/house/DnB over most other headphones. I think of them as having the bass of the DT770's, without the recessed mids. Another plus is how easily they are driven, iPod/iPhone's do an excellent job.

Good luck ~ Koda

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:
Yeah, I just like the red better. Haha

Did you see the Matte one's? There beautiful! Haha, I can see where your coming from with the Red's though; too flashy for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back