Has someone tried the LG HiFi Plus?
Feb 23, 2016 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

Wapencio

100+ Head-Fier
I feel LG has done something right, right indeed, I love the idea. Its a small sabre gadget, an add on, for the LG G5, I just read about it and I think Ill sell my S6 to get one. Has any of you guys tried it? The specs say it has a Sabre DAC, so Im having really high expectations on this.

May 14, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 64
I feel LG has done something right, right indeed, I love the idea. Its a small sabre gadget, an add on, for the LG G5, I just read about it and I think Ill sell my S6 to get one. Has any of you guys tried it? The specs say it has a Sabre DAC, so Im having really high expectations on this.

So I am not the only one who would like to read a review on this .  I think its in stores, but I never saw anyone with a G5 in my area so far(hope it didn't fail). I saw a video on you tube showing it can be used with a nexus too. I m really curious to try it out with my H6. Hope they compliment well, being from the same house.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 64
You don't need the G5 to use one...

I have one being delivered to me tomorrow, going to compare it to the dragonfly red on my S7E :smiley::headphones:

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 64
You don't need the G5 to use one...

I have one being delivered to me tomorrow, going to compare it to the dragonfly red on my S7E :smiley::headphones:
I read it (if I am not wrong in digital trends) that the hifi plus is optimized for the G5, and using it with another device won't deliver the same performance. But I didn't understand that statement when I read that, as it must be almost same as it only receives dgital signal. Anyway, m waiting for the review:)

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 64
recently i bought this device and run some test with my lg v10 , general sound is very similar but with more power , i can't compare to v10 right now becouse i need more time to test but in around 1 hours testing with diffrent headphones everything is better on hifi plus dac , in future i will direct comparison hifi plus dac vs v10
my main problem is i can not use with windows 10 on pc and dell venue 8 tablet , i try diffrent cable but didn't work , problem is windows driver and after searching on internet i can't find any solution to fix , but work flawlessly with android

Edit 1 : finally i find driver and work witout any issue on windows 10

Jul 2, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 64
  recently i bought this device and run some test with my lg v10 , general sound is very similar but with more power , i can't compare to v10 right now becouse i need more time to test but in around 1 hours testing with diffrent headphones everything is better on hifi plus dac , in future i will direct comparison hifi plus dac vs v10
my main problem is i can not use with windows 10 on pc and dell venue 8 tablet , i try diffrent cable but didn't work , problem is windows driver and after searching on internet i can't find any solution to fix , but work flawlessly with android

Edit 1 : finally i find driver and work witout any issue on windows 10

Try to download the driver on this page
http://www.lgmobile.co.kr/lgmobile/front/main/mainList.dev?mdlName=LG-F700S#cur
Click "다운로드 센터" button and you will see it

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #7 of 64
I read it (if I am not wrong in digital trends) that the hifi plus is optimized for the G5, and using it with another device won't deliver the same performance. But I didn't understand that statement when I read that, as it must be almost same as it only receives dgital signal. Anyway, m waiting for the review:)
I am (having today bought the G5) inclined to agree with this statement - the G5 (still using UAPP) seems to add a lightness to the sound, I wouldn't be half surprised if that is due to 'activating' the 32bit upsampling...

Was very impressed before, now - even more so! - shame that (for the G5) the Hi-Fi module is practically useless outside of the EU

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #8 of 64
I am (having today bought the G5) inclined to agree with this statement - the G5 (still using UAPP) seems to add a lightness to the sound, I wouldn't be half surprised if that is due to 'activating' the 32bit upsampling...

Was very impressed before, now - even more so! - shame that (for the G5) the Hi-Fi module is practically useless outside of the EU
What do you think, is it comparable to the audioquest dragon fly or something of that kind? If yes, it makes total sense. Now that G5 comes on offer (400€) sometimes .. It will be a good shot. its not available in any stores here in Germany so that I can try out

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #9 of 64
What do you think, is it comparable to the audioquest dragon fly or something of that kind? If yes, it makes total sense. Now that G5 comes on offer (400€) sometimes .. It will be a good shot. its not available in any stores here in Germany so that I can try out
To me, it is both more convenient (form factor, and lack of OTG cable),. and lusher sounding than the DFR, in comparison the DFR sounds a little clinical / cold... Interestingly, the LG just sounds more 'natural', although if already owning a DFR, it wouldn't be worth it (unless you're eccentric like me) to get this too unless the form factor is a kicker...

That being said, to activate the 'better' (high impedance) mode of t his module, you need to plug in a headphone extension cable (the DAC is activated by the HO being connected, so - give it a connection with no load, this activates line out mode) - so not all perfect.

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #10 of 64
To me, it is both more convenient (form factor, and lack of OTG cable),. and lusher sounding than the DFR, in comparison the DFR sounds a little clinical / cold... Interestingly, the LG just sounds more 'natural', although if already owning a DFR, it wouldn't be worth it (unless you're eccentric like me) to get this too unless the form factor is a kicker...

That being said, to activate the 'better' (high impedance) mode of t his module, you need to plug in a headphone extension cable (the DAC is activated by the HO being connected, so - give it a connection with no load, this activates line out mode) - so not all perfect.
I was also thinking the same. I was using beoplay h6(v1) and was thinking about ditching my player (xduoo x3), and the dac on my computer (hifimediy's 9018 asynchronous ) and my 3 year old iPhone 5 to get this combo. I m sick of seeing too many devices(just personal preference ). Thought of leaving the "hifi" journey and start being productive !! What if, if the beo beo combi sounds good!

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #11 of 64
Big consideration though, doesn't seem to be compatible with handsets outside of the EU from what I understand (on the back of the box it explicitly states 'For EU Only')

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #12 of 64
Sat here right now, compiling documents, I'm not normally a one for listening to music at my desk, but - with this being so menial I am making an exception, and it has to be said - this is a damned great little combination (G5, B&O module, and Soundmagic E80 - to allow for the high impedance mode), noticing it a lot more in the past day or so, so - I've obviously snagged an affinity that I didn't have before (either that or the DAC has burned in - depending on what you believe)...

Overall, for a handset, very happy - not as shouty as HTC devices, but - detail in spades. Stoked.

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #14 of 64
Hi guys)
I bought LG Hi-Fi Plus module from ebay and recently got it (from Germany to Russia). Only module, without cables and official package. And i bought good cable usb 3.0 to usb type c.
Now i tried to connect this module to pc, using official drivers. Module is working fine with windows 7 and windows 10 64-bit, i guess, but i can't understand, what is doing LG HM Audio? I saw some screenshots from corean blog, where this programm detected device as "HM" in "Device" field. I have  "Not available" in this field and UNLOAD State. What should i do to repair? Or this situation is normal? It seems like this programm doesn't work properly, buttons "play" and "record", but device is working good, i think. I can listen music etc.
Also i can't find information, what Hz and bits this module can support? I guess, it is 192Hz/24bits. 
Also, do i need some cable to activate AMP? Does this module have amp? 

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

​If you look up the measurements on GSMArena, the G5 by itself totally sucks and is handily beaten by the B&O "Friend." However, when you compare the B&O Frenemy to the LG V10, their performance is waaaaaay too close to each other. The Galaxy Note phones aren't too far behind, and the S series aren't too far behind those.

So basically it's like LG deliberately didn't improve the sound of the G series so that when you buy it the Frenemy will sound like a heck of a lot better by comparison. Might as well take other features into account when you buy a phone rather than just getting the G5 so you can blow more money on the Bang and Olufsen Frenemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back