Has Head-Fi been hacked??
May 28, 2002 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

delenda est Sony

500+ Head-Fier
What's this "Have a very nice Memorial Day, everyone." mailer I.D.? I don't remember this change for any other holiday; is this a new feature or someone's (admittedly innocuous) hacking?

confused.gif

May 28, 2002 at 4:05 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by delenda est Sony
What's this "Have a very nice Memorial Day, everyone." mailer I.D.? I don't remember this change for any other holiday; is this a new feature or someone's (admittedly innocuous) hacking?

confused.gif

Yeah, hacked by the admin. LOL -- I had no idea that making the title a holiday wish (it's Memorial Day here in the U.S.) would change the mailer ID. I'll change it back to something simpler.

Thanks for letting me know.

May 28, 2002 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 12
Hey Jude,

It was still a great idea as most of us are in the USA.

Maybe though, you could do something similar for some of the major holidays for some of our non-US members.

May 28, 2002 at 4:21 PM Post #5 of 12
So far as I know memorial day is a bit like Rememberance Sunday (nearest Sunday to November 11) in the UK... Where the nation has a few moments silence as a mark of respect for those that died for their country in times of war...

Wasn't it also Presidents Day yesterday? That... I'm not sure of what it is...

May 28, 2002 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 12
What mailer ID?
confused.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 28, 2002 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
What mailer ID?
confused.gif

this... Quote:

Have a very nice Memorial Day, everyone. Mailer [jude@head-fi.com]

is who the emails were being sent from yesterday rather than Quote:

Head-Fi (HeadFidelity) Mailer [jude@head-fi.com]

Basically, temporarily at least Head-Fi wasn't really Head-Fi
wink.gif

May 28, 2002 at 6:11 PM Post #8 of 12
I don't get any emails from Head-Fi
confused.gif
except when I subscribe to threads

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 28, 2002 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 12
I thought having the title changed on the web page was rather amusing.

It looked something like this:
Happy Memorial Day Everyone! > Misc.-Category Forums > Members' Lounge (General Discussion) > Has Head-Fi been hacked??

Hehe...

May 28, 2002 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
So far as I know memorial day is a bit like Rememberance Sunday (nearest Sunday to November 11) in the UK... Where the nation has a few moments silence as a mark of respect for those that died for their country in times of war...

Wasn't it also Presidents Day yesterday? That... I'm not sure of what it is...

President's day is in February. They combined Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays and made it the official birthday of all the Presidents.

Memorial Day is a day to remember all those who served to make and keep this nation free, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

If you want to experience one of the most moving experiences you'll ever have, go to The Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery. The guards and the changing of the guard is incredible.

Unfortunately, to way too many people, it's just the beginning of summer.

May 29, 2002 at 1:48 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
what's memorial day?

memorial day is to honor those brave men and women who have made the utlimate sacrifice for this great nation of ours . . . and to respect those currently in uniform.

Quote:

we also celebrate veterans day on nov. 11.

canada also celebrates this and, like in the UK, call it rememberance day.

the day corresponds to the end of the great war (nov. 11, 1918).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back