Has anyone received the Audio-gd DAC-19MK3 yet?
Jun 1, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #136 of 362
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if PMD200 can be used in DAC19Mk3?

I think that the PMD100 is socketed, but the PMD200 is surface mount. If that's correct, the PMD200 would require a different circuit board than the one used with the PMD100. That's not to say that Kingwa couldn't make such a board, but it seems unlikely. Manufacturing of both the PMD100 and PMD200 was discontinued years ago. The stockpile of available PMD100 chips is probably much larger than the stockpile of PMD200.

Jun 1, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #137 of 362
Quote:

Thanks for the link. It's only one review and in the end it even says that some reviewers have preferred DF1704. But it also says that DF1704 has more hifi sound and that is definitely not what I'm looking for. Based on that comparison, Mode A is the way to go. I also browsed my FLAC-collection and noticed that I have zero 96khz albums there.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll e-mail Audio-GD to switch my order to Mode A. I can later order the DF1704 if I feel need for it.

EDIT:

The same reviewer prefers PMD200 over PMD100 ("vastly better") but Kingwa says that PMD100 is better. I wonder if PMD200 can be used in DAC19Mk3?

Yeah i have been thinking the same thing
smily_headphones1.gif
But right now i just really want to get my hands on the DAC-19MK3.

I will probably end up purchasing the Mode B sometime down the track also, but for now its no biggy.

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #138 of 362
Got my DAC19mk3 today

every perfect except there is a scratch near the corner

I think custom definitely touch it somehow because they actually poke a tiny hole through the box and this cause the scratch

Also the blue indicator light somehow fall out of the position which i easily put it back by opening up the DAC..

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #139 of 362
The box it came in

Photo0173.jpg

Photo0174.jpg

Front and back shot
Photo0181.jpg

Photo0181.jpg

Forgot to take a picture of the internal when i took off the top cover just now

The cables
Photo0183.jpg

size comparison to the c2c
Photo0184.jpg

dac is definitely a bit taller

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #140 of 362
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my DAC19mk3 today

every perfect except there is a scratch near the corner

I think custom definitely touch it somehow because they actually poke a tiny hole through the box and this cause the scratch

Also the blue indicator light somehow fall out of the position which i easily put it back by opening up the DAC..

I hope that's because of the rough handling by post office/customs.

Please give us your impressions about the sound quality as soon as possible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #141 of 362
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

most likely is the custom

because audio gd packaging is pretty solid and good from the picture i posted

the only thing is there is a very small hole that seem to be cause by a screw driver
frown.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #142 of 362
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

x2.

The LED's sit in a hole in the case, and are held in place by a usually big blob of black glue. It seems to stick to PCB's strongly, but maybe aluminium not so well, as I've had one LED fall out myself. This is the only niggling criticism I have had of the units I've received. The new case for the C2C (same type as on all their other gear now) is far better than the old, hand-built ones.

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #143 of 362
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2.

The LED's sit in a hole in the case, and are held in place by a usually big blob of black glue. It seems to stick to PCB's strongly, but maybe aluminium not so well, as I've had one LED fall out myself. This is the only niggling criticism I have had of the units I've received. The new case for the C2C (same type as on all their other gear now) is far better than the old, hand-built ones.

Just now i open the dac up to fix the led
but i dun recall seeing or touching any glue..
I guess if it fall off i can tape it easily
smile.gif

and it should stay in without any assistance unless i flip it

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #144 of 362
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Ditto, I'm also very much interested in this DAC. Hope you're enjoying it!

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #147 of 362
Very nice pics
smily_headphones1.gif
I just decided to order the Mode B circuit also. Chatting with Kingwa now about it all.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #149 of 362
Since I am poor at English, it may be hard for you to read my sentence.

ONKYO 90-PCI(Reconstruction、myself)<Digital>→audio-gd 19MK3→SHANLING PH100→AKG K701
ONKYO 90-PCI(Reconstruction、myself)<Analog>→SHANLING PH100→AKG K701

Since PH100 can change an input by one-touch, the quality of a review increases.
(PH100 has 2 RCA inputs.)

Well,.........I also think that the image of "warm" is stronger than "clear".
Because, the sound which cannot be heard in 90PCI (Sound Card) was able to hear me in 19MK3.

However, I consider that this”warm" is "near real sound and less coloration" which Kingwa says.

<A lower photograph is my Japanese-made 90PCI (Sound card).>

Edit1.Compared with three audiovisual apparatus, a blue lamp is bright....

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #150 of 362
Holy crap DHL is fast. The package with my DAC-19MK3 was picked up from Guangzhou, China at 5:00pm on Monday. At 10:00am Wednesday, they attempted delivery at my home near Boston. Granted, the 12 hour time difference from China to Eastern U.S. worked in their favor, but still, that's friggin' quick. Unfortunately, no one was home at the time of the delivery attempt, so I'll have to wait at least another day for my DAC-19MK3.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back