Has anyone heard of Home Grown Audio
Dec 31, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by radiohead7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found this site online that i have not heard mentioned before maybe it has....its called Home Grown Audio....i mostly hear about jena but if anyone has experiance with this company please let me know how they stack up. I want to create a DIY IEM Cable. Here is the Link

Homegrown Audio Co. | pure silver audio cables - Products - Silver Braid

Sure, Home Grown Audio has been discussed a little in the past. They do not seem to be as 'talked up' as much as the many abusively priced cable makers, but their products are fine. I built a pair of their interconnects for my system. Can I tell a difference? No. But the cost of building an HGA kit is a lot less than spending tons of cash on other cables and finding out what I did. I consider it the purchase of good-looking, well-made cables.

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 12
I have never heard of them, but that Silver Braid looks really nice. Bulk Wire is a lot cheaper, could braid yourself & save some money. Interested in the 28AWG Solid Silver Wire at $2.91/ft., looks like a good deal to me. Thanks for the heads up.
Good Luck & Happy New Year
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 12
I bought some solid silver braid and some rca connectors from them to make my own interconnects several years back. Good company, and products. I've personally become a cable skeptic since then, but still have the interconnects, which I use, and some braided wire. If you're a 'believer' I'd be happy to sell some silver braid... might have 10' or so.

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 12
Raises hands!
I have heard of them...

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #8 of 12
x2. Their braids look nice but its cheaper to buy wire bulk and braid to your preference. Also try handmade electronics. They have nice prices on bulk wire.

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #9 of 12
HGA sells bulk wire as well as braids. They also sell connectors, finished cables, etc.

They're one of the better prices on pure silver wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back