Has anyone heard a brand call Xeport?
Nov 21, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #21 of 36
I just want to make it clear that the earphone housing is EXACTLY the same as the CC51. Identical.

Listened to the CC51 again today and they don't sound the same. That could be due to the cord, or lack of burn-in on the Xeports. The Xeports compared to the CC51s had slightly more forward, warmer, less clear mids. Soundstage seemed the same. Those CC51s have like 1000+ hours on them, so that could account for the difference. Will compare again once the Xeports are broken in a little more.

Nov 21, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #22 of 36
wow, just checked back here and saw so many replies, i'm not as professional as you are, but started to pay more attention to this area, seems like nobody is interested in my choice of their 3010? is this similar to any of other products as well? 

agreed the packing and the logo look cheap, but maybe this is one reason that they can keep the price low? Other brands just spent too much on the packing to please the customers.

Anyway, from what you guys said, sounds like I need to buy 7010 or 5010 which are better deals that what I got here.

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #25 of 36
So which has a better durability? That cloth cord looks very kink-prone. CC51p is $40 at sears with free ship to store btw. I'm still waiting for it to drop to $30, but if these are the same OEM IEM with a different cable I might bite at $20. Do the Xeports have a mic? The primary reason I want the CC51p is for a decent phone headset that won't attract too much unwarranted attention.

Finally, how do they compare to the MTPC?

Quote:
I just want to make it clear that the earphone housing is EXACTLY the same as the CC51. Identical.

Listened to the CC51 again today and they don't sound the same. That could be due to the cord, or lack of burn-in on the Xeports. The Xeports compared to the CC51s had slightly more forward, warmer, less clear mids. Soundstage seemed the same. Those CC51s have like 1000+ hours on them, so that could account for the difference. Will compare again once the Xeports are broken in a little more.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #26 of 36
I'd say their durability is a draw, unless maybe Xeport uses better adhesive or something. No mic option from what I can tell. Cable can kink but I don't think it's much of an issue.

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #27 of 36
Without directly comparing the CC51 to the 7010 (yet), I can say with certainty that the 7010 and the CC51 do not sound the same. The CC51 has much more forward upper mids, which can lead to a bit of sibilance which the 7010 does not have. I can't say for certain which is better at the moment but I can say that they are definitely tuned differently.

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #28 of 36

Finally got mine yesterday. The sound is excellent. For $20, I can’t believe what I am getting. Comparing with my Klipsch S4, 7010 has much better balanced mid range sound which is great for R&B and Hip-Hop songs. S4 tends to have emphasized low and high that in turn makes the vocal signal muffled and hissy. 7010’s soundstage is rather rich and precise. I like the bass too; it’s well balanced with the rest of spectrum, just about right for most types of music.

The package looks plain and cheap while the cable seems different from all my other earphones. Since they are selling the earphone for $20, I am not complaining. Overall, this is definitely a steal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back