Has anyone heard a brand call Xeport?
Nov 10, 2011 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

neoplay

New Head-Fier
A friend of my mentioned that he bought a new set of earphones Xeport 7010 and said that the sound quality was even better than some of his other popular brand devices. Since he lives far from me, I like to hear if anyone of you has had experience with this brand before I would try it out myself.

Nov 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 36
I happened to find them on Amazon and since it was on sale, I bought one 3010 for $5 (lucky), not sure about 7010, but the audio quality for 3010 is really impressive, the low and high frequency response are better than those products in $20 or even $30's. 

You absolutely should give it a try, you will find it's a great bargain (not sure the price now, the original price was around $25 if I remember it right)

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 36
BTW, I found that on their packaging box, they have their own website, not sure if it's legal to post the website here, anyway, it's xeport.com. 

I just looked at their website, seems like all the price just dropped, not cheap as what I got from amazon, but still a good bargain, I believe

Nov 16, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 36
^^^Just bought one. It looks EXACTLY like the CC51(except the cord), the case even looks the same. Can't help but wonder if it uses the same driver.

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #7 of 36
No doubt. I used to have the CC51s but I sold them to a friend at work, so I'll be sure to A/B them against those as well.
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #8 of 36
The blog is quite interesting
http://blog.xeport.com/

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #9 of 36
I'm intrigued. I've sent them a message in regards to some review samples so we'll see how that goes.

Nov 19, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #10 of 36
I have the 5010 though they only have around 20 hours of burn in on them so far. I would say that they are extremely close to the sound Joker describes in his review of the Mee SP51. I have heard the CC51 and Hippo VB but not the SP51. I would agree on the points that they have a larger stage than the CC51 but not as deep. Also think they are a different sound than the VB. Having the Trident(6.7 for SQ) and the CLX60(7.2) on hand, I would give the Xeport about a 7 for sound which is in line with Joker's 6.9 for the SP51.

Xeport reminds me of older MEE with their packaging and black background website. They also have excellent customer service. They sent the phones quickly and well packed in a nice sturdy little box. I happened to get a balance port screw that was a bit off with the threading. I was bound to lose it eventually since I was able to pull it out by hand yet all the others caps screwed in fine. Xeport got back to me in a couple of hours and are sending me a new pack of caps. The caps are the same as the MEE btw, silver, gunmetal, and black for balanced, enhanced, and bassy. Seems the only thing missing compared to the SP51 is a pair of bi-flanges and the higher price. http://xeport.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6

The cable is something like the Koss ur55/Ecci PR100,200 cable combined with SoundMagic-like aluminum Y and straight plug. Different from the SP51 and Hippo VB is the strain relief which is both angled away and further to the outside end of the aluminum housings. This allows for deeper insertion which some people have complained about with those phones. It kind of switches out the issue where people would wear the VB/SP51 over the ear to get a deeper fit and better isolation. The fit and isolation is better straight down with this design but it is not as easy to wear them over the ear. They can be worn over the ear but the fit is a bit more tricky than with the VB.

Can't say anything bad about these little guys for $14.95. High quality, great price, excellent customer service! Pretty hard to beat!

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #11 of 36
Don't ship for free to outside US for orders above $50.

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #12 of 36
I've got three review samples from XePort on the way. They should be here sometime next week. I look forward to comparing them to the CC51 and SP51.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #13 of 36
Just got mine, won't be able to compare it to the CC51s until Monday though. Simple packaging, with the clamshell case not actually in the box with the earphones. No shirt clip. The nylon cable is nice and seems like it will hold up very well over time, but going from memory it's almost certainly more microphonic than the cable on the CC51s. Wearing them over-the-ear alleviates that however, and they're much easier to wear that way than I remember, though I've had a lot of practice since I had the CC51s.

Right out-of-the-box they're pretty smooth and non-fatiguing, with a pleasantly wide soundstage. Around the same amount of bass quantity as I remember from the CC51s; more than enough for most people but maybe not enough for bassheads. I'm going to burn them in some before any more impressions. So far though I'd say they're a hell of a deal for $20.

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #14 of 36
I'm getting some mild driver flex on the right 'phone. Used to get it on the CC51s too. This is the EXACT same housing the CC51 use, if anyone's curious. Exactly the same, vents and everything. The cable seems a bit prone to kinking.

Not done burning it in yet of course, but it sounds great.
ksc75smile.gif
Now I'm tempted to buy their Hippo VB/SP51 clone.

Nov 21, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #15 of 36
Just got mine today. The clamshell case came loose, and the packaging looks cheap. The company is clearly just starting up. Their logo is some crappy default font. However, the IEMs themselves sound GREAT. The soundstage is pretty amazing for an IEM of this price. The bass is very weighty, a bit more than I like, but a perfectly fun phone. Honestly, this is probably one of the best $20 I've spent on audio. One thing I don't like is the cloth cable. Cloth cables tend to tangle like a mother, and this one is no different, but for $20 bucks, I can't really complain.

I don't know how the CC51 sounds, but these sound pretty similar to how Joker describes them in his review, and I'm not even done burning them in yet. If these are the same OEM as the CC51, I can't see a reason why everyone shouldn't have one of these. They're only $20 - $23 with shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back