Has anyone gone back to hearing the iPOD stock earbuds after being away for a long time?
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

zeno

Head-Fier
I have for a long time been using my Grado SR60s first model, not the i version for my iPOD, and my wonderful AKG K340s in my AMP, CD-Tuner setup. For fun I got out the stock Apple ear buds that came with my iPOD and gave them a try again with my iPOD.....WOW, they really suck now. A bit frighting to know that some out there do not know anything other than the stock earbuds that came with their iPOD....Not many here if any are in that position, but geesh, they really are bad compared to my Grado SR60s....Amazing contrast after not hearing the Apple earbuds for a long time.

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 11
Yeah...they actually reminded me of the days i used to push them in my ears to get more bass hahaha!
Although recently went back to my stock samsung galaxy ones, and I have to say, yes they were tinny, but they were good for stock sgs1 earphones!

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 11
I almost felt like crying, when I had to use my stock HTC earbuds, after my sennheiser cx 500 died. Gladly, I only had to suffer for about 3 days before I upgraded.

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 11
I never could use them... the piece of cartiladge in your ear that holds it in sticks straight out on my ear, so I can't use normal earphones... its ok though, practically all of them suck at SQ. 

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 11
I've never owned a pair of iPod earbuds, but I've heard them and have compared them to quality earbuds such as Yuin PK2, Blox M2C, ATH CM700TI, Sony MDR-E484 and Aiwa HP-D9. The iBuds doesn't stand a chance. However with foams, they are okay for casual listening when you don't need to hear details or feel any depth in the music...

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #6 of 11
I was never able to use iPod earbuds, or any regular earbuds, for that matter (they don't fit in my ears for some reason, they just sit awkwardly and fall out if I slightly tilt my head in any direction). So I've had two pairs of them (one for a Nano, one for a Touch), and each time, I just threw them away and bought a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd in-ears (which only lasted like 3-5 weeks before I ignorantly replaced them with another pair). But I do notice an immediate difference whenever I start using my current Sony IEMs that I've used for the past year before getting my 840's.

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 11
I was never able to use iPod earbuds, or any regular earbuds, for that matter (they don't fit in my ears for some reason, they just sit awkwardly and fall out if I slightly tilt my head in any direction). So I've had two pairs of them (one for a Nano, one for a Touch), and each time, I just threw them away and bought a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd in-ears (which only lasted like 3-5 weeks before I ignorantly replaced them with another pair). But I do notice an immediate difference whenever I start using my current Sony IEMs that I've used for the past year before getting my 840's.

Wow. Your past sounds just like mine. As I said my ear is apparently wierd so I can't wear those types of earphones. then started using skullcandy ink'd aas wel, and I went through 6 in 3 months before I realized I should pay more and get better quality. Thats how I ended up here, and I am loving it.

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Wow. Your past sounds just like mine. As I said my ear is apparently wierd so I can't wear those types of earphones. then started using skullcandy ink'd aas wel, and I went through 6 in 3 months before I realized I should pay more and get better quality. Thats how I ended up here, and I am loving it.

Yeah, it took me much longer to figure out that the ink'd earphones just sucked. I went through a countless number of pairs over a span of probably 5-6 years before I decided to spend a bit more on my Sony's (DREX-12iP). Even after that, I never realized how much the Ink'd earphones sucked until, after months of using them, I noticed that the Sony's were still working.

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #11 of 11
They are pretty awful.  I bought all my cousins earbuds mostly from the recommendations here for Christmas and now I don't think they'll ever be able to go back to the stock buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back