has anyone else noticed the shure headphones build quality is lacking. or is it just me. should i worry.
Dec 31, 2010 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 9
That was my impression when I auditioned the 840.

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 9
Well they probably wont break unless you mistreat them.

Quote:
i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #5 of 9
I myself own a pair from the Shure line(SRH440) and while I agree they do creek a bit, but I find the build quality to be excellent far better than Skullcandies.  In fact I'll have you know that I've dropped mine a couple times(accidently), I initially reacted with horror at the possibility I damaged the 'phones, but they kept on chucking as if nothing happened save for few new scratches.  So rest easy my friend and know that your Shures will last you a long time.

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 9
Own 840s. No creaks, extremely sold chassis feel. Once they're on the head they aren't moving or making any noise.

Had Sony MDR-SA1000s and MDR-SA5000s in the past, now THAT'S a flimsy headphone line! Sonically irritating creaks all the time. That was one of my primary gripes with those.

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
Compared to Sennheisers (hd 448-598)they feel like tanks imho (at least 440/840).

then sennhesiers must be badly built because my headphones feel really cheap to me. but it just might be because its made of plastic. when it comes to plastic in headphones i always thenk they will snap or something along those lines. also the ear pads seem to get punctured really easily. i have seen some earpads that never get ripped or holes in them but my shures feel like taht if you move your nails lightly over it, it will tare.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #9 of 9
Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back