Has anyone else been locked out of the "Is 'High-End audio a scam?" thread?
Jul 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Steve Eddy

Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
Aka: TempAccount555
The thread hasn't been locked, yet when I try and access it, it says I don't have sufficient permissions. But if I log out, I can access it just fine (though can't reply as you have to be logged in to a registered account).

Has anyone else been similarly locked out?

se

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 17
You were probably trying to access a post that had been deleted. There was some pruning a little while ago and I think one or two of your posts along with one of mine was removed. When you log out it reloads the thread as it is after the deletions. Not locked out per se, but certainly not a welcoming gesture.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #5 of 17
Nope. Can't access anything in that thread. Can't go to any specific post, can't go to last unread post, can't access any of the individual pages, can't even enter the thread at the top.

I've been singled out and locked out.

se

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #6 of 17
Wow, congrats! And there I thought you were taking time to politely explain null testing in a sound science thread.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 17
Well I did respond "jcx is a wise man" in response to kiteki whining that jcx doesn't read his posts anymore.

That warrants being completely locked out of the thread?

The Powers That Be here never cease to amaze me.

se

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:
Well I did respond "jcx is a wise man" in response to kiteki whining that jcx doesn't read his posts anymore.

Wise indeed, I decided the same way long ago
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Wise indeed, I decided the same way long ago
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Though I didn't start this thread to talk about kiteki.

I'm just wondering why, in a thread asking if high end audio is a scam, HeadFi has chosen to lock out someone who's been involved in the high end audio industry for nearly 30 years.

I've not been locked out of any other thread on HeadFi that I'm aware of. Only that one.

Strange indeed.

se

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #12 of 17
That thread has been strange from the start!  Personally, I think the entire thread should have been left in the off-topic forum - that way we could have continued with wild meanderings about different components and car analogies.  I knew that as soon as it was transferred to the Sound Science forum there was going to be trouble.

BTW, I'm not locked out - yet...

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #14 of 17
The thread hasn't been locked, yet when I try and access it, it says I don't have sufficient permissions.

I don't think my permission is sufficient, but just in case it is, you've got it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back