Has anyone compared the UM Miracles to the UERM?
May 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Eudoxa

New Head-Fier
I've noticed that all the ciem comparisons are either or but not both (xor for the logicians =) ).

Specifically I was most interested in soundstage as both are reported to be amazingly large, but everything else is important too.

Thanks.

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #4 of 15
Maybe Im kinda biased here,but I think the Miracle does everything right........to my ears at least. But in saying this I have not Heard the UERM.

For a full review on UERM check out Average Joe's review, and for the Miracle one of many I would check out ljokers....At least you can get some indication to the possible sound differences.
I dont think Anyone has both here but I could be wrong.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 15
Also have the miracles... I once possessed the shure e535, the triple fi and sennheiser ie8 and hd650... The miracle is certainly the most balanced iem I heard. Can't give any opinion on urm. I don't think more drivers necessarily mean better sound, but according to many reviews I saw, bass on miracles are more robust and/or thick than on urm.

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 15
The Miracle is a pretty balanced phone.. but it probably isn't as neutral as the UERM.  The Miracle has a slighty U-shaped signature, coupled with a delicate lift in the midbass.

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
The Miracle is a pretty balanced phone.. but it probably isn't as neutral as the UERM.  The Miracle has a slighty U-shaped signature, coupled with a delicate lift in the midbass.

You're right I doubt the miracle is as neutral as the UERM. I think it's been designed to be quite musical. To me it doesn't have a feeling of being U-shaped though. It's mids are pretty forward. It's very versatile as on tracks without deep bass it will seem mid centric and on tracks with deep bass it will sound more balanced. The frequency bumps are in the mids, treble and deep bass. This gives it a very layered 3d kind of feeling. 

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 15
You're right I doubt the miracle is as neutral as the UERM. I think it's been designed to be quite musical. To me it doesn't have a feeling of being U-shaped though. It's mids are pretty forward. It's very versatile as on tracks without deep bass it will seem mid centric and on tracks with deep bass it will sound more balanced. The frequency bumps are in the mids, treble and deep bass. This gives it a very layered 3d kind of feeling. 

I concur

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #10 of 15
I have the UERM's. They are flat indeed but what most people don't mention is their sound stage. I can confidently say I have not heard one IEM that can compete in this space with the UERM's. All my music sounds more real, more open, more accurate....

If the Miracles had a similar sound stage AND had that gentle mid bass lift... Slightly forward mids? I would be on that now.

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
...for the Miracle one of many I would check out ljokers....

Do you know how |joker| reviews his gear?

I just got my Miracles ~2 weeks ago and I noticed the j3+miracle problem reported by Mython on this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/599177/unique-melody-miracle-without-an-amp/15

I've managed to eq it to something that works for me but some songs end up seeming too recessed treble-wise or the overall sound becomes quite fatiguing, and some songs do a little better than others; overall just an un-well-behavedness across songs.

However, I didn't see |joker| make mention of this and I read that he does use a J3 to review with.  Does that amp he uses make such a difference?  I was under the impression that amps aren't a good substitute for a bad source, of which the j3 is one because of its higher resistance.

May 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #12 of 15
Sorry for reviving this thread but I would like to know if anyone had some comparisons between the two as well. They seem to have a similiar sound signature with the UERM being a bit more neutral. I think the UM miracle would have been the CIEM that I would have bought if I didn't hear the UERM first, and gotten the 20% off deal on it. Does UM ever have any representatives at the east coast head-fi meets?

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #13 of 15
Sorry for reviving this thread but I would like to know if anyone had some comparisons between the two as well. They seem to have a similiar sound signature with the UERM being a bit more neutral. I think the UM miracle would have been the CIEM that I would have bought if I didn't hear the UERM first, and gotten the 20% off deal on it. Does UM ever have any representatives at the east coast head-fi meets?

Wow! Same thing happened to me and I'd like to know too.

Sep 20, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #15 of 15
forgive me for reviving this thread. but there is so little info for people to decide between the two. maybe they are both really good and pretty similar to each other that most people will just choose one and only one of them.

i remember there was a 99 vs 999 challenge tour with one modded tf10 and one uerm(universal) and |joker| wrote one very short impression only on the uerm and compared it to top ciems like the um miracle. i can't find the thread now.

if anyone can share experience with both ciems, even unversal versions of both, it can really help people like me struggling between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back