Has anyone compared the DT990 Pros and the K167s?
Jan 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Manyom7

New Head-Fier
I realize that they are both very different but long and mcquade has the beyers for $165 and I was going to pair them with a Schitt Magni. The K167s are around the same price and I've heard they have a vey wide soundstage for closed back cans. I mostly game on PC and listen to mostly rap and rock.

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 3
I own both, but haven't had the chance to write up a comparison.  One thing to be aware of with the 167 is the comfort issues-- not everyone has had this problem, but for me, the foam material on the cups compresses too quickly.  The 990s by contrast are exceptionally comfortable.   

FWIW-- I got the 167 for $140 using "make an offer" on ebay-- (thanks to mrlazybums for the advice on this).  Just remember that if the seller accepts your price, you have to purchase the item-- so start low, they can always counter. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 3
I own both, but haven't had the chance to write up a comparison.  One thing to be aware of with the 167 is the comfort issues-- not everyone has had this problem, but for me, the foam material on the cups compresses too quickly.  The 990s by contrast are exceptionally comfortable.   

FWIW-- I got the 167 for $140 using "make an offer" on ebay-- (thanks to mrlazybums for the advice on this).  Just remember that if the seller accepts your price, you have to purchase the item-- so start low, they can always counter. 

Thanks for replying! I will definitely consider eBay for the akgs if I get them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back