Has anybody heard of these? Superex st-m
Dec 13, 2003 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sirjinx1974

New Head-Fier
I have the pictures on my server
www.myputer.mine.nu

What kind are these? I picked them up today at a garage sale for a $1 They sound better than my Sennheisers. They seem to have a tone control nob on each muff and they have these holes that look like microphone covers on the bottom of each muff. Can anybody tell me what these are?

Jesse
600smile.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 7
Dear SirJinx1974,

Yes You are Describing The Superex ST-M Headphones To a tee My Father had a pair that I used for most of the 80's Pair together with A Heathkit Ar 15Receiver & loved those headphones that Where made in the Mid 60's And yes they have a Tone control adjustment on them They also have a coaxil Tweeter & woofer setup they are the best headphones I have heard in years better then any modern set of headphones that I have heard. I was sad when we had to throw them away because on side went out on me on the pair that my father owned but just a few days ago I spotted a replacment pair On Ebay & purchased them I pretty much listen to those headphones the most as well as my other pair of superex headphones that I own.
biggrin.gif
Hope This Helps. P.s I will Post Photos Of My Superex Headphones

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #3 of 7
Holy crap. Way back in high school and college I had the ones on the left- first green ones like the pair in your picture, later clear ones. They're two-way, right? How do they sound? I remember them sounding pretty damn good to me at the time, but that was a LONG time ago.

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 7
They Sound Excellent But you have to have them paired up with an old receiver from the 70's era that is at least pumping out 50wpc. I am using them right know as i post this listing to a cd with them on my pioneer sx 838 receiver from 1974 that I also picked up on ebay.
ksc75smile.gif

I will post a photo as soon as i get a chance to so that you can see what you need to get these headphones to sound excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back