Has any one heard the Violectric V 90?
Jan 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Super MANSKITO

100+ Head-Fier
Was wondering if any one has heard this amp.   I m looking for amp that has super low noise floor and has lots of power.  This amp seems to fit the bill, but I can't find any reviews on it and I m really scared to pull the trigger on an amp that I can't find any information on and I can't listen too. 

Its going to be powering HD-650s and LCD-2s. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 5
cant say i have, but violectric is known by people who professionally test audio equipment as a brand with integrity, and a brand that lives up to its measurements.

another amp to consider, that was designed around measurements, has very quickly picked up steam and is in my opinion (i own one and drive my lcd-2's with it) an incredible amp at any price is the O2 amp which can be purchased from many places including www.jdslabs.com  where it costs $145 - an amazing price.

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
cant say i have, but violectric is known by people who professionally test audio equipment as a brand with integrity, and a brand that lives up to its measurements.

another amp to consider, that was designed around measurements, has very quickly picked up steam and is in my opinion (i own one and drive my lcd-2's with it) an incredible amp at any price is the O2 amp which can be purchased from many places including www.jdslabs.com  where it costs $145 - an amazing price.

It looks great but I m just scared it won't have enough power.   Dose it drive your LCD-2s to rock concert levels with out clipping or distorting?

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
It looks great but I m just scared it won't have enough power.   Dose it drive your LCD-2s to rock concert levels with out clipping or distorting?

lets put it this way, I use the low gain setting, and i had to clip some resistors in order to lower the gain even more.  You will make your ears bleed before this amp clips or distorts the LCD-2's.

of course there are other factors involved, like your source, but the inventor of the amp goes into great detail about every scenario possible on his blog which we're not allowed to link to.
Just know that he has designed it to be as universally usable as possible.

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 5
Review Violectric V90 vs Erzetich Bacillus vs Grado RA-1
(Russian language)
http://audio4you.ru/index.php/review/339-grado-ra-1-violectric-v90-i-erzetich-bocullus-sravnenie-usilitelej-dlya-naushnikov

Users who are viewing this thread

Back