Has anoyone heard of "Vivid Technologies" V1 amp? Help before I purchase!
Jun 2, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #16 of 31
it shudnt go if wrong compared with other amp/dacs...considering its only 99 usd.i read comments that it really synergizes with the se530 iems^^

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #17 of 31
I have owned it for two weeks. I have tried to burn it in almost constantly for these two weeks. My Senn HD600s work very well with it. Nice deep bass, mellow midrange, articulate highs which may get to be too much for long listening. A great bargain. Does it compare to my home tube amp? No. But for being portable and inexpensive, it is a good buy.

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 31
I use it for several months now, no portable use, and I really like it, highly recommended for every IE8 owner anyway. It's the best source for the Sennheiser IE8 i have or have heard. As stated before, HD600 works great also.
Only minor drawback is it gives a little distortion changing the volume.

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #20 of 31
great amp for hd600. definitely recommend it. when i first got it, i thought that the sound was pretty dark. however after a good amount of burn-in (100-150hrs), the sound from the amp took a big turn. it went from dark to a bright sound.

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by episteme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard of Vivid... no wait.

HaHa. Just got it.

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by PANGES /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone purchased an amp from them lately? I've been trying to contact them, with no luck. I'm ready to buy, but no response to my questions via email.

Hi - First post here -
beerchug.gif
- I've the same question.

Sent an email but as yet no response.

I'm waiting for some MS1i's to arrive and the line out of my laptop is bad enough through my px100's. I'll wait until I actually here it through the Alessandro's but I fear I know the answer already - more cash on a DAC/AMP.

I can't go crazy and, being in the UK, second hand stuff isn't so easy (or affordable) so this Vivid option seemed like a good idea.
I'd really like to get an opinion on it from someone who's driven 32ohm Grado/Alessandro's through it before spending the cash.

I was looking at amp's only but I'm concerned that I'll just be making the laptop's out sound even worse hence, thanks to you Guys, I'm of the opinion I need the usb>>dac/amp option too.

I run an ipod while away from the desk so a combi unit seems the best for me.

Anyone got a recommendation (I've spent weeks using search) for a cheapish Portable DAC/AMP other than the VIVID?

I was thinking of asking if anyone's got one for sale but with a post of 1 and zero rep it doesn't seem worthwhile.

Cheers!

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #28 of 31
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....................................

I had decided on it too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back