Harmony Design EAR 90
Mar 18, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you try it and order at Audio Physics HK?

I think in Hong Kong, Audio Physics is your best bet for a EAR90. They are pretty easy to deal with.

I went to have a listen to the EAR90 (balanced input version with ELMA stepper) and was impressed despite a short and quick audition with a pair of JVC DX1000. Very natural, airy, layered and non-fatiguing. Not the muscular type though.

I am planning to order one myself.

F. Lo

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #19 of 30
I too got the email from the dealer that mine has arrived. Thought we were on the same batch. I ordered the balanced input version with ELMA stepper.

Unfortunately I won't be picking up until week end.

F. Lo

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #20 of 30
Audio Physics also has a rather nice HA160 in there. Right now I'm trying to decide between the EAR90, HA160 and HP100, it's rather difficult...

Apr 1, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #21 of 30
I'm interested in this amp as well, so please post some impressions when you get yours!

Here is a nude photo of the Ear from the Internet.

Westrup_100321_9833.jpg

Apr 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #22 of 30
picked it up. i love it. had tried k601 and hf2 and both sound great! i know i'm too excited for this new toy so i will talk more later. and picture coming up

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
picked it up. i love it. had tried k601 and hf2 and both sound great! i know i'm too excited for this new toy so i will talk more later. and picture coming up

Great to know that you like yours. I still haven't found time to pick up mine.

Looking forward to your impressions.

F. Lo

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great to know that you like yours. I still haven't found time to pick up mine.

Looking forward to your impressions.

F. Lo

i saw there were a couple more boxes there. i didn't ask jackie but seems like beside you and me somebody ordered it as well.

anyway, i listen to it right away, i thought i would let it burn-in for awhile but i could resist
tongue.gif
heard it with two albums and two headphones, k601 and hf2. it sounded so right and so good. the bass hit hard and quick and clean. the extension of treble, i can feel it. k601 pairs well with it but i kind of like how it sounds with hf2. maybe i'm a grado person? more to come. picture too

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #26 of 30
For the sake of discussion, here are my brief impressions. When I listened to the Harmony (Elma and balanced input), Jackie let me listen to the Burson HA160 he had in the glass case as well. The source was a Marantz CD player. I used my K701 mostly, but for a few minutes I tried the T1's, and music used were the David Chetsky / Head-fi test tracks (burnt to CD), the Gundam Unicorn OST and FIR's Love, Diva (愛‧歌姬). The EAR90 performed very well, excellent instrument separation and plenty of loudness for both phones. On the acappella "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" the voices sound more real, tonally accurate, with decay my ESW10JPN's can only dream of when fed from the Icon... I didn't get to spend enough time with the HA160. It in the same class, certainly, I felt it was a bit sweeter and smoother, but it could have been placebo.

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #28 of 30
I owned one for a while and I gotta say its a very nice looking and well built pice.
I was running an HD650,EAR90 combo for about a year, untill I decided to go for the HD800 and Lavry DA11 to find out that I prefered the built in amp in the DA11.
So I sold them off, but it was pleased with the time spent with it.
I might add that mine was one of the first versions that I picked up second hand, very cheap.
And Ive seen some out on the net for a cheap buck from time to time aswell.

Here follow's an pic of my old friend :wink:
bild

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the sake of discussion, here are my brief impressions. When I listened to the Harmony (Elma and balanced input), Jackie let me listen to the Burson HA160 he had in the glass case as well. The source was a Marantz CD player. I used my K701 mostly, but for a few minutes I tried the T1's, and music used were the David Chetsky / Head-fi test tracks (burnt to CD), the Gundam Unicorn OST and FIR's Love, Diva (愛‧歌姬). The EAR90 performed very well, excellent instrument separation and plenty of loudness for both phones. On the acappella "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" the voices sound more real, tonally accurate, with decay my ESW10JPN's can only dream of when fed from the Icon... I didn't get to spend enough time with the HA160. It in the same class, certainly, I felt it was a bit sweeter and smoother, but it could have been placebo.

i took my dt990/600, k601 and er4s to test the amps and i guess you know my answer about all his amps right? i really like ear90!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back