Hardly using my iBasso D10 - any concerns about the battery?
Mar 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mwilson

Ants in my Stax
I have an iBasso D10 portable amp which only sees the light of day once every few months. Should I be concerned about the battery losing its ability to hold charges, and if so, what's the best way to store it? I remember Li-ion batteries being better stored with 40% of charge.

TIA!

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 7
Li-ion will lose charge at a steady rate, but the general wisdom is you should store it at around 40$~60% charge (around half) as it will lose the charge much slower at that level. You should also store it at a cold, dry place, but not near freezing. (I have seen people storing Li-ion in refrigerator at the least coldest section, not sure that is going to be well). I think the coldest corner in the house should be enough, probably near or a little lower than 25C. Anyway, you still need to charge it once in a while to make sure it won't go below 'the point of no return' and start losing the capacity. I would say charge it every two weeks to a month (depends on how old the battery is) will be safe enough.

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #4 of 7
Thats why im not buying any more amps with internal rechargeables in it.
Ill stick to common removeable batteries!
I wish MP3 players had regular batteries.
I have a sansa that uses 1 AAA, and 2 E-series that has a user-replaceable battery, but my Zunes or Ipod has those stupid internal things.

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've refrigerated my Li Po batteries at 1/2 charge with great success for up to two years. However, you would want to remove it from the D10 to do so.

""However, you would want to remove it from the D10 to do so.""

Haha!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back