Hard travel case for multiple headphones 3-4ish
Feb 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

liamstrain

Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
I'm looking to see (before I get into DIY land) if anyone knows of a hard case (SKB/Pelican/Road Ready) that is designed to hold 3 or 4 sets of full-size headphones. Ideally, I think this would be top loading, and have a hanger system with dividers and space underneath for cables/accessories - holding 4 in a row... maybe tall tacklebox/workbox sized. 

I think I can devise an removable insert system to fit the Pelican 1460 case - provided the dimensions work out when I do all the math... but I was hoping somebody knew of something ready made to save me the trouble.

Cheers! 

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 6
the best way is to just a big pelican, and do the foam cutouts.

or you can get the camera insert system.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Yah, I'd wondered about getting just a big flat Pelican or SKB and plucking out areas for them. Seems like there must be a more compact, purpose built solution though. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Would someone measure their Sennheiser HD600/650 - most critically, I need the total height (when headband is at shortest dimension). 

Many thanks. Its looking like a custom top loading slot system for the Pelican 1460 will work - I've got just about an inch of vertical clearance to play with for most phones I've measured. I should be able to put 4 of them in without issue. 

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Was thinking this (http://www.thepelicanstore.com/Storm-iM2500-Carry-On-Case-1134.aspx)  would probably fit 3 headphones as the 1450 seems to fit 2 and this one adds another 6 inches. Anyone got pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back