Hard to notice quality except in comparison?
Dec 31, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #16 of 25
ime on the one hand, we need a sense of dissatisfaction with our current equipment, or how else would we be curious enough to find this site? IME.

On the other hand, the Lord and I have been working on the mindfulness, in the Buddhist sense. The more clear my mind becomes, the more awesome music(AND THE EXPERIENCE OF LIFE) becomes. In other words?..

Imagine falling asleep in the same room for the last 2 1/2 years. Now imagine... that you've made such leaps and bounds towards "clearing" your mind that, after a 50% liquidation of all that non-stop thinking and thoughts(IME), you're like, WHOA, this room is amazing!! While it's been the same room it has been for 2 1/2 years.

Now imagine if that same mindfulness was used to perceive hi-end audio, whoa whoa whoa.

Jan 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieTom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was a great tips. Never thought about it
redface.gif

Could someone recommend me a very bad headphone? The worse money can get. Max 30$. ( yes, i do mean it).

rather than doing that, i would recommend putting some money to good use and picking up a pair of KSC-75's for 15 bucks, which sound great for the price. in fact, i don't think there's any other headphone under $50 that can beat them.
that being said, they still don't compare to high class headphones above $150 and the difference is easily audible. you'll learn to appreciate this difference if you cycle your listening between the KSC's and your higher-end cans.

Jan 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly the same over here.
I use my 1G iPod nano and iBuds when commuting to work and back, allowing me to fully appreciate my home rig when I get back.

I use my 1G iPod nano and iBuds when icommuting to iwork and iback, allowing ime to fully iappreciate my ihome irig when I get iback.

now we're fully plugged in to the matrix of apples iworld.

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #19 of 25
Would getting something crappy be necessary, or would getting another quality set of cans that complement the ones you have work also?

I am loving my hd-650's, but by listening to them nonstop I know what to expect and its just became the same music again.

I know in the future I'm interested in getting d2000's and markl modding them and such...Do multiple cans keep you appreciating what you have, or do you need a shift in quality to really see it?

(I do appreciate what I have...this is hard to describe lol)

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use my 1G iPod nano and iBuds when commuting to work and back, allowing me to fully appreciate my home rig when I get back.

More than sound quality, but comfort and isolation led me to go beyond stock earbuds. But I won't go any further than I have (Etymotic HF5s) for a portable rig.

As a matter of fact, my home setup is temporarily on hold while money is diverted to other pursuits.

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #21 of 25
@Shahrose. They are now ordered
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by spanks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would getting something crappy be necessary, or would getting another quality set of cans that complement the ones you have work also?

I am loving my hd-650's, but by listening to them nonstop I know what to expect and its just became the same music again.

I know in the future I'm interested in getting d2000's and markl modding them and such...Do multiple cans keep you appreciating what you have, or do you need a shift in quality to really see it?

(I do appreciate what I have...this is hard to describe lol)

Another set of expensive cans won't help you appreciate the expensive cans you already have; unless there's a fundamental shift in your appreciation of what you already have, you'll never find satisfaction, no matter how many new things (cheap or expensive) you buy.

Easier said than done, I know. But it's true. :O)

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #23 of 25
I used to go to Trinidad every year on vacation for 2 weeks, with my wife (before her mom died) and then when I got home and sat on my couch to listen to my speaker setup, I was amazed each time, on how really good it sounds.

It was quite refreshing and revitalizing.

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to go to Trinidad every year on vacation for 2 weeks, with my wife (before her mom died) and then when I got home and sat on my couch to listen to my speaker setup, I was amazed each time, on how really good it sounds.

It was quite refreshing and revitalizing.

I find it interesting that you got revitalized after coming back from vacation.

This is one reason why I want to always have my SR-007 and my UE9 around. I think they compliment each other quite well. Continuing on with this, the UE9 is perfect for venues like Roy Orbison in Black and White. While the SR-007 is great for large venue sounds.

Jan 1, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it interesting that you got revitalized after coming back from vacation.

biggrin.gif
The first week was spent in Tobago, diving and beach bumming. The second week was spent in Trinidad, visiting her relatives (hours of sitting on couches going from house to house).

By the time we got back, we definitely needed some revitalization.
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back