Hard time choosing headphones..
Feb 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nick727

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for headphones for around $150, I can spend more if necessary. I'm mainly going to be listening to rap/hip-hop like Eminem around my house. 

I'm looking at the Sennheiser 595, what is the difference between these and the Sennheiser 558? 

Any other headphones you can recommend? Thanks..Nick

PS.. I'm kinda new to this whole headphone/audio thing :p.

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 3
Sennheiser 595s should do the trick. but i have not heard the 558s before so i dont know how they compare
apparently denon, beyer, and audio technica are popular with bass-heavy music
whatever you do, DONT DO DR DRE BEATS
heheh
it might be worth it to upgrade your mp3 player depending on what your using now

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
I'm looking for headphones for around $150, I can spend more if necessary. I'm mainly going to be listening to rap/hip-hop like Eminem around my house. 

I'm looking at the Sennheiser 595, what is the difference between these and the Sennheiser 558? 

Any other headphones you can recommend? Thanks..Nick

PS.. I'm kinda new to this whole headphone/audio thing :p.

So for bass-heavy genres like that, you'll probably be better off (at least initially) with some closed headphones. They tend to have better bass impact, so your music will probably sound a little better on them. Some common closed recommendations seem to be the Audio-Technica M50s, Shure SRH 840s, and Ultrasone HFI 580s... Welcome to head-fi, and watch your wallet! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back