Happy medium between Shure E5cs (old, I know) and Ety ER4-Ps?
Jun 21, 2010 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

relache

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time poster - I own/have owned Shure E5cs, Ety ER4-Ps, and more recently the HF2s. I need new IEMs, stat.

I'm looking to spend around $150-200, but willing to go over only if it warrants the stretch.

Not sure if many people still remember the sound signature of the E5cs, but while I enjoy the lows and mids, my ideal IEMs would tighten up that range a bit as I think they're a little bit muddled. To that, I'd like to have some of the ER4-Ps upper range - I just can't get enough of that clarity. As an addendum, I think the HF2s have too harsh a high-end (is it just me? or am I batty?).

In any case, looking forward to your feedback and insight - many thanks!

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 3
I would recommend the Monster Turbine (in your price range or less), or for a bit more, the Monster Turbine Pro (Copper or Gold) or the UE/Logitech Triple.fi Pro. I like the E5c (good clarity and built like a tank), but more recent IEMs such as the Turbines and TFPs are improvements, especially in your price range.  Bass is improved compared to the E5c, and the TFP treble is very extended and unique.  I prefer the Turbines more today due to their coherent presentation while providing a very balanced spectrum, extended on both ends but with good mids.

There are many more options, but I still enjoy the TFPs and really enjoy the Turbine family.

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 3
DBA-02, Radius DDM, CK10 and Phonak PFE112.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back