Happy Birthday rickcr42!
Feb 8, 2008 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Old Pa

Headphoneus Supremus
Or should we say rickcr52?
biggrin.gif
Happy Birthday Rickster! Longer in the tooth, but still crazy! Many more in good health!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #5 of 17
Happy Birthday rickcr42!

thanks John.Good to hear from you man
cool.gif

Or should we say rickcr52?

Frikkin' wise guy eh ! Whoob whoob WhoobWhoobWhoob...Nyuck...Nyuck

Gotta say though I kinda like the way "Rick42" sounds though.52 just isn't doing it for the Rickster since as many know I AM a Toys 'R Us kid and likely always will be 'til I get sooo old peeing while keeping a dry leg at the same time will occupy most of my time
tongue.gif

Longer in the tooth, but still crazy!

DAMMIT DUDE ! I thought I was doing SO WELL with my "the new SANER rick" act.Oh well,Guess it didn't take.Mebbe a bit more practice in the mirror "you talkin' to ME ? OK.'s cool man........"

AS IF !
icon10.gif

Many more in good health!

Can't b*tch too much on the health front other than a problem with my "A*S" that is getting on my last nerve....literally (long sordid story for another time
tongue.gif
)

Happy Birthday, my friend, have a great one.

one does what one can and it is my way to do my small part annually to keep the economy going by spending a boatload of loot at the local pubs and liquor
stores so they can meet their monthly bills.just a damn nice guy with a big heart I guess.
wink.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rickmonster!
(in case you're still around reading this).

I am.I ALWAYS do the birthday and at least one other day a year here.Gotta keep that post count up right ?
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #9 of 17
Happy birthday, Rick! It's good to know that you're still well and check in from time to time. Nice that you're helping the local economy as well. I'm sure the beertenders everywhere will salute you this fine day.

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #13 of 17
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!!!!

Feb 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #14 of 17
Happy Birthday Rick! Good to see you around here again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #15 of 17
Thanks again guys.Damn cool to hear from some of the old crew (emphasis on OLD ) and yes i do pop in from time to time but to be honest this is not exactly a "casual browse and post" joint so either I have to haunt the joint again or there being too much to digest in a short visit just browse and bounce out as i have been doing.

there is also the "nothing is new really" aspect to this topic that to be honest has become a personal point of interest loss.Amps just variations of other amps with the usual "it is new so I gotta have it" or "it is pretty so I gotta have it" because (dare ! ? HELL YES I DARE !
biggrin.gif
) as we all know if it looks good it MUST sound good right ?
wink.gif

So repacks of old ideas more the norm than anything truly breakthrough with each step up the money scale bringing more bling bling than anything truly better while the other extreme is the "bargain basement" where you seemingly get a lot for your loot but reliability goes off the chart and into crap shoot territory.you may get lucky,maybe not........

Cans ?

More gimmick and again "restyle" than anything truly new unless you are into in-ear personal monitor types (I am not.NOTHING goes in my ear except to clean it
tongue.gif
) with the nail in the coffin being directly comparing 20 year old cans with their modern counterparts usually leaves you wanting to chuck the "new" right out the frikkin' window in disgust when EVEN using adjusted dollars you realize what you paid now for what is no better than the "then" cans (unless all you knew were the big mamma honking bassy KOSS PRO-4XXX cans that to be honest are truly hard to beat for late night DVD viewing because when it comes to movie Fx accuracy is not where you want to go but BIGGER AND BOLDER yes and that in a sealed can that hopefully doesn't get TOO hot during the 90 minutes and up viewing/listening....

HD ? DVD-A ? Blue Ray ?Any Hi-Res/multichannel "gimmick" to get us to add another "thing" to the AV system so they can suck more of our loot in the realization they really have taken everything else about as far as it can go in features while taking the cost into retard territory (again,along with serviceability and reliability going into the crapper....).Rather than improve and make what is available BETTER the big guns figure they just need to throw more "NEW" at us even if it is a step back in many ways so THAT area of discussion for me is

[size=medium]BORING ![/size]

Computer audio ?

OK.I guess many can argue the merits or lack of on which software player is the best or which soundcard/ext.USB device sounds better but is there REALLY anything that gets you a woody in the discussing of ? Again is there REALLY anything new going on here ?

Rip your discs,load up the Winamp and toss a 1:1 isolation transformer on your sound card/USB DAC/Ext.DAC output then call it a day is my thought so with that attitude what could POSSIBLY get me interested in the topic ?

Until or if there is something TRULY better than what we presently have,and that better to me is crapcanning both SPDIF and USB in favor of something better,the topic is again

[size=medium]BORING[/size]

So bottom line while I DO bounce in from time to time and DO post a bit (like 3-5 times a year lately and may have already reached my '08 limit with this post
wink.gif
i really don't have a damn thing to add other than "em,yeah" or "err,no" or "uh,maybe" and rather than do that I just tape my fingers together with duct tape so i can control the urge to speak without saying a damn thing .

All good though.Wish all you Head-fi nut jobs an exiting '08 which for many is anything new while the others ? Hang out in the lounge until something truly eventful happens then bonce into the fray

Rick out
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back