Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Nov 16, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #1,531 of 4,588
I might be late but I've been away for a while. Does anyone have a recommendation for a third party power supply for the Modi Uber and Multibit that is more power outlet friendly? I am interested in getting one of the units but, that's my only issue. The damn power supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe this will help!

https://smile.amazon.com/Etekcity-Extension-16AWG-13A-Upgraded-Version/dp/B00CEJW0WQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=lamps-light&ie=UTF8&qid=1479355551&sr=1-1&keywords=power+cords&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A2798252011%2C4876337011%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A7065059011

Doesn't really solve the problem elegantly. Just moved the problem 12"

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #1,532 of 4,588
Maybe one of those Teradak linear power supplies if they are compatible.

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #1,533 of 4,588
No USB cleaner here either. At the moment, I am using an Audioquest Carbon USB cable, Schiit ICs and a Furman Power conditioning strip I got from Amazon. Today or tomorrow I will receive a pair of Wywires Silver ICs and a Wywires USB cable for my Vali 2 and Modimultibit computer music system.

How do you like the Vali 2 & Modi Multibit setup? That's what I'm thinking of getting to use with my Elear and Nighthawk.

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #1,534 of 4,588
I might be late but I've been away for a while. Does anyone have a recommendation for a third party power supply for the Modi Uber and Multibit that is more power outlet friendly? I am interested in getting one of the units but, that's my only issue. The damn power supply.

No. Do not to add third party PSUs to these units. They may come with wall warts, but they aren't simple DC SMPS. Messing with them will make things worse. Plug the warts into a conditioned AC supply if you wish, but leave it at that.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #1,536 of 4,588
I was wondering if anyone out there is experiencing a similar situation as I have been noticing with my Schiit Multibit DACs. I have both the Bifrost and Modi multibits. Unquestionably I find that both of my headphone systems listening experience has been enhanced with both of these DACs.

However, this is the thing, last night, at my bedside system (FiiO X5ii coaxial digital out > Modi Multibit > Lake People G109S > Senn HD 598SE) I decided to do an hour or so listening session before calling it a night. As it turns out I had one of those revelatory listening experiences (and no I hadn't partaken in anything). It was like the Modi MB kicked into another gear altogether. The soundscape was incredible. There was spectacular width, depth and height with mind blowing instrument separation. I could see an auditory image of the performance. Live tracks felt live because of the audience sounds at the start and end of the song. It was unreal how good my system sounded.

I have had those a-ha listening experiences before. Which sucks and begs the question why is this only an occasional experience? Why doesn't the Modi MB (& Bifrost MB on my other headphone system) sound like this 100% of the time?

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #1,537 of 4,588
I was wondering if anyone out there is experiencing a similar situation as I have been noticing with my Schiit Multibit DACs. I have both the Bifrost and Modi multibits. Unquestionably I find that both of my headphone systems listening experience has been enhanced with both of these DACs.

However, this is the thing, last night, at my bedside system (FiiO X5ii coaxial digital out > Modi Multibit > Lake People G109S > Senn HD 598SE) I decided to do an hour or so listening session before calling it a night. As it turns out I had one of those revelatory listening experiences (and no I hadn't partaken in anything). It was like the Modi MB kicked into another gear altogether. The soundscape was incredible. There was spectacular width, depth and height with mind blowing instrument separation. I could see an auditory image of the performance. Live tracks felt live because of the audience sounds at the start and end of the song. It was unreal how good my system sounded.

I have had those a-ha listening experiences before. Which sucks and begs the question why is this only an occasional experience? Why doesn't the Modi MB (& Bifrost MB on my other headphone system) sound like this 100% of the time?

You know that the multibit DACs don't sound as good when they're cold, right?

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #1,539 of 4,588
Yes I do know this. I don't ever turn them off.

Good, just checking. Now let the audiophool bunkem explanations flow and overwhelm you 
cool.gif

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,540 of 4,588
Yes I do know this. I don't ever turn them off.

Very strange, if it is changing the sound so much as to be immediately noticeable to you I would suspect something is wrong.

Maybe a component has a bad connection and the resistance changes randomly or something because I find even going from cold Mimby to hot Mimby isn't quite a "revelatory experience" just a decent improvement.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,541 of 4,588
Very strange, if it is changing the sound so much as to be immediately noticeable to you I would suspect something is wrong.

Maybe a component has a bad connection and the resistance changes randomly or something because I find even going from cold Mimby to hot Mimby isn't quite a "revelatory experience" just a decent improvement.

Yeah I don't get it either so I have contacted Schiit to get their thought process.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #1,542 of 4,588
I'm going to go ahead and get a Modi Multibit now and a new amp later. Sounds like the X5II and the M2M go together pretty good. Just using my X5II and S.M.S.L. sAp III amp my Elear sounds really good so I can't wait to hear it using the Multibit.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,543 of 4,588
I'm going to go ahead and get a Modi Multibit now and a new amp later. Sounds like the X5II and the M2M go together pretty good. Just using my X5II and S.M.S.L. sAp III amp my Elear sounds really good so I can't wait to hear it using the Multibit.

It's a lovely little unit for a great price, I don't see how you could regret it, no sarcasm intended at all. Killer value right there.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #1,544 of 4,588

Let me know how your Modi MB and X5ii work together. I assume you will be using the FiiO coaxial adaptor cable that came with the unit. Please refer to my Post #1536. This combo is mind blowing good when you find the "awesome ON" button.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #1,545 of 4,588

That's the power of the super moon.

Or alcohol.

Also, your neighbor stopped using their appliances and you experience clean power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back