Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Aug 30, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #856 of 4,588
  There is no reason to debate about PC or MAC. If you want to hear full potential of your DAC keep away from computers. Computers will never sound good and it is weakest link in your chain. Source component is the most important component of them all. If you want to hear what your DAC can sound like buy good streamer. Buy Sonore microRendu + Small Green Computer microJukebox and be done with that. DACs will come and go, but good source component will stay and you will never want to go back to PC or MAC for music reproduction.

Your advice is to keep away from computers yet use a computer. A Sonore microRendu is a computer. A "Small Green Computer microJukebox" is a NAS with a CD drive and software for ripping CDs. They are both special purpose computers with special purpose operating systems, but they are still computers.

From the Sonore page:
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The Sonore microRendu is an audiophile micro computer...

From the SGC page:
The microJukebox is a low power, Music Server NAS (Network Attached Storage)...

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #857 of 4,588
Nothing wrong with computers.

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #858 of 4,588

Your advice is to keep away from computers yet use a computer. A Sonore microRendu is a computer. A "Small Green Computer microJukebox" is a NAS with a CD drive and software for ripping CDs. They are both special purpose computers with special purpose operating systems, but they are still computers.

From the Sonore page:
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The Sonore microRendu is an audiophile micro computer...

From the SGC page:
The microJukebox is a low power, Music Server NAS (Network Attached Storage)...

These products are designed for audio reproduction. Regular computer PC, MAC, notebook is not designed for audio reproduction. They are noisy and they are degrading the sound of your DAC.  You can just start with RASPBERRY PI 3 with HiFiBerry Digi+ and good linear power supply and you will get an idea how your DAC can sound like with good streamer.

Aug 30, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #860 of 4,588
Aug 30, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #861 of 4,588
  There is no reason to debate about PC or MAC. If you want to hear full potential of your DAC keep away from computers. Computers will never sound good and it is weakest link in your chain. Source component is the most important component of them all. If you want to hear what your DAC can sound like buy good streamer. Buy Sonore microRendu + Small Green Computer microJukebox and be done with that. DACs will come and go, but good source component will stay and you will never want to go back to PC or MAC for music reproduction.

LOL this guy

I'm not even wasting my energy or time debating this one

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #862 of 4,588

These products are designed for audio reproduction. Regular computer PC, MAC, notebook is not designed for audio reproduction. They are noisy and they are degrading the sound of your DAC.  You can just start with RASPBERRY PI 3 with HiFiBerry Digi+ and good linear power supply and you will get an idea how your DAC can sound like with good streamer.

A raspberry pi? Really? But stay away from computers? LOL

I got my laugh for today you guys have fun...

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #864 of 4,588
Aug 30, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #866 of 4,588
  Channel imbalances, units not working, outputs comically off center against the casing. Yeah, sounds like Schiit product. 

I seldom respond to the dyspeptic but I currently make an exception:

I am so disappointed that your testimony failed to note the pungent stench of our products.  You are a (former) customer aren't you?

To atone, I am having the production manager shot at dawn tomorrow after making sure you are refunded 10 times the price you paid.  

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 31, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #867 of 4,588

I seldom respond to the dyspeptic but I currently make an exception:

I am so disappointed that your testimony failed to note the pungent stench of our products.  You are a (former) customer aren't you?

To atone, I am having the production manager shot at dawn tomorrow after making sure you are refunded 10 times the price you paid.  

Yeah, I'm a former customer. My Vali, like a lot of others had to be repaired. 

But hey, at least that Schiit didn't kill my headphones. That would be irredeemable for such a company, right?

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #870 of 4,588
Gosh, right now I'm enjoying the mimby, best DAC I've heard yet. A good night of listening, needed it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back