Hanging Out in Sarasota
Apr 1, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #31 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ignorance of the law is no defense. Shame on John. I think it may be time to call a meeting of the Florida Supreme Counsel to discuss whether disciplinary action is required. Dissention will not be tolerated.
mad.gif

While I didn't have any Thai food from the Temple (great stuff), I did have some matzo brie which was good (it's a Jewish thing).

a meet is a meet is a meet, patriot act or no patriot act this was and is still a meet. Tyrion Rumsfeld will not intimidate me with his over the top acts,

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #32 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow seriously? The Yamamoto held up amidst all that gear? Glad I have one on order ;p I wonder how it will stack up against my incoming Rudistor RP010 ver. 1.

Edit: Given that it is supposed to have great synergy with the AT woodies and that you are pro them Wmcmanus... I'd love to hear how you feel the L3000/W5000/et all are powered by them vs the rest of the great selection of amps you have.

I'd love to help you out but I wasn't at the meet and haven't had my run with the Yamamoto yet so I can't really comment.

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #33 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a meet is a meet is a meet, patriot act or no patriot act this was and is still a meet. Tyrion Rumsfeld will not intimidate me with his over the top acts,

A meet is not a meet unless I'm in attendance, and so it is written. This sayest the Grand Pubah of the Florida Supreme Councel. Sheez!!! Get it straight already!

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #34 of 78
Quote:

Reported for political comments!

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #35 of 78
Quote:

No Head-Fi for you! : )

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #36 of 78
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reported for political comments!

Mike, I'm looking for my ban stick and seem to have misplaced it. We've got a couple of malcontents here. Care to do the honors?

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #37 of 78
Hey don't you dare include me in that ban, I'm an upstanding citizen simply helping to keep the unrulies in check. If repression is the order of the day then expect a swift and violent reaction from the people. Viva la revolucion!

Apr 1, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #38 of 78
Quote:

As Wayne Chaney said, it ain't a meet until he says it is!

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #39 of 78
You Florida guys always have so much fun; we California Head-Fiers need to regroup!

Eyebrows aside, any impressions re:

McAllister electrostat amp. I thought it has issues with clipping, etc, no?

What the heck is that second K1000 rewired with, and how did it compare to stock K1000?

Did somebody say the Yammy headphone amp has speaker outputs, that it's powerful enough for K1000? That's not what I heard before!

Apr 1, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #41 of 78
Quote:

Hey don't you dare include me in that ban, I'm an upstanding citizen simply helping to keep the unrulies in check. If repression is the order of the day then expect a swift and violent reaction from the people. Viva la revolucion!

Upstanding citizen? Keeping the unrulies in check????? Who was it wandering amongst strangers near the fire pit at the **** and Bull last night regaling all within a 1/4 mile radius with a downright frightening rendition of Kumbaya?

To Mike and Wayne: No, it was not a real meet. There was great gear and wonderful music. The problem was the people. A few should should be banned. They performed double blind tests with cables (working method of seeing double before going blind), and made stunningly accurate amp sq evals and synergy decisions based on color and shape alone. As the only sober person near them (others ran away), I took copious notes of random antics and verbal abuses. Let me know if you need any to make a case.

EDIT: What's wrong with ****?

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #42 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You Florida guys always have so much fun; we California Head-Fiers need to regroup!

Eyebrows aside, any impressions re:

McAllister electrostat amp. I thought it has issues with clipping, etc, no?

What the heck is that second K1000 rewired with, and how did it compare to stock K1000?

Did somebody say the Yammy headphone amp has speaker outputs, that it's powerful enough for K1000? That's not what I heard before!

Recall no clipping with the McAllister. It lives with mikeg, so he'll best be able to respond. The only other HE-90 amp I've spent any real time with was Gary's Aristaeus, and the McAllister doesn't hold up in comparison imo. But, I must add, that 's working from memory, and an addled memory at that.

Flecom recabled jp num's K1000s so either one could tell you.

The Yammy has speaker outputs and is powerful enough for the K1000s. I wish we'd had it together enough compare it to the FirstWatt only a few feet way, but that was not the order of the day, and certainly not of the night. Sorry.

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #43 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Upstanding citizen? Keeping the unrulies in check????? Who was it wandering amongst strangers near the fire pit at the **** and Bull last night regaling all within a 1/4 mile radius with a downright frightening rendition of Kumbaya?

To Mike and Wayne: No, it was not a real meet. There was great gear and wonderful music. The problem was the people. A few should should be banned. They performed double blind tests with cables (working method of seeing double before going blind), and made stunningly accurate amp sq evals and synergy decisions based on color and shape alone. As the only sober person near them (others ran away), I took copious notes of random antics and verbal abuses. Let me know if you need any to make a case.

EDIT: What's wrong with ****?

As to your edit, you are on your own.
icon10.gif

I think the notes should be published and let the chips fall where they may.

Kumbaya? Bravo Matt! I bet it was great.
tongue.gif

I can't believe what Gene and John said about you. Again, John for shame.
mad.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #44 of 78
Quote:

tongue.gif

It was worth 10 bucks. Vicky dared me and I got her to commit to that. I didn't collect but rather will cherish the thought that she will always owe me $10.

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #45 of 78
Quote:

As to your edit, you are on your own.
icon10.gif

I think the notes should be published and let the chips fall where they may.

tongue.gif

I can't believe what Gene and John said about you. Again, John for shame.
mad.gif

Whatever John and Gene said are merely attempts at a preemptive strike. They know I have the goods on them. Here's a quote from John, which I believe had something to do with music and bar bands at the time.

"Put your tongue into the open mouth of change."

Quote:

It was worth 10 bucks. Vicky dared me and I got her to commit to that. I didn't collect but rather will cherish the thought that she will always owe me $10.

I only owe you $5 after paying for jager shots. I would have offered you more, but needed all my available funds in hopes of getting Gene to dance on a table at that last bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back