Hanging Out in Sarasota
Apr 1, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #16 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have already evaluated cables purely on their physical appearance and arranged headphones by date of purchase.

This is what happens when you invite a girl.
icon10.gif

agile_meet_331_025.jpg

This is what you get when you mix alcohol and a head-fi meet.

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #17 of 78
The stunning eyewear is courtesy of Brightblack Morning Light. Yes, not only do they have a trippy self-titled CD, they supply all listeners with rainbow prism eye glasses.

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what happens when you invite a girl.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh we normally have you so we needed some to fill in
icon10.gif

Mike, just to keep things clear, John and Matt were responsible for all cable evals. I did, however, do a little arranging of the headphones.

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #21 of 78
Sorry I missed it, nice to see you all, yada yada... Ok, now let's have the scoop on the Yammy. Exactly how good is it (perhaps relative to some of the other amps on hand)? What is involved in the design? What is the cost, etc? I seem to have missed this one somehow and thus don't really know anything about it. Any threads that would provide a good reference point? I like the (rather odd) looks of it.

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #22 of 78
The Yammy was the star of this meet. Every headphone, with the exception of the K340s sounded beautiful with it. Space, air, fullness. It didn't hurt that Gene has an awesome collection of headphones, but I even liked the K701s, and other than at the Dec. meet when I heard them balanced, I always found them too bright and dry for my liking. I could have listened to them through this amp all night and been happy. I think the amp runs just under $1000, but Gene can give you details on that. It was the best headphone amp at this meet, and quite a suprise to all of us, except Gene, who has always managed to match beauty with amazing sound.

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #23 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry I missed it, nice to see you all, yada yada... Ok, now let's have the scoop on the Yammy. Exactly how good is it (perhaps relative to some of the other amps on hand)? What is involved in the design? What is the cost, etc? I seem to have missed this one somehow and thus don't really know anything about it. Any threads that would provide a good reference point? I like the (rather odd) looks of it.

Wayne ... here's a Head-Fi thread, and here's a 6 Moons review (for whatever value you may place on it).

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #24 of 78
What a great meet. Some very serious gear there and I just know Gene made it a great time for all. He is all class. Wish I could have been there. The Yamamoto looks sweet!

Apr 1, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #25 of 78
Wow seriously? The Yamamoto held up amidst all that gear? Glad I have one on order ;p I wonder how it will stack up against my incoming Rudistor RP010 ver. 1.

Edit: Given that it is supposed to have great synergy with the AT woodies and that you are pro them Wmcmanus... I'd love to hear how you feel the L3000/W5000/et all are powered by them vs the rest of the great selection of amps you have.

I'm sure peeps from the meet can answer the L3000/AT woodies impressions questions as well if yall please
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #26 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh we normally have you so we needed some to fill in
icon10.gif

So, did you have pillow fights at your little slumber party.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #27 of 78
Contrary to what the above records show, this is my first actual post for this meet. That picture of Vicky was put up by Mr Gene under my name.

Just so you know Mike, this wasn't a real meet. I didn't start the thread thus it is null and void and your record is intact. John protested and claimed he hadn't received a copy of the by-laws but I informed him that it is more than a bylaw, it is an amendment in the Florida Head-fi constitution. As such any educated person should know it by heart and not need their handbook. Then again I fell behind in the meet race long ago so I don't care if I put myself down one more.

So anyway, good times guys. Don't have any impressions other than that the Yami is indeed very cool. I remember more about the beers we drank though than the gear I listened to. That Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier was awesome despite all John's wussed out reactions to it.

So now I'm home and of course I swung by the Buddhist Temple for some food. This papaya salad is my penance for the Ybor Burger I ate last night. Ground beef burger with roast pork on top and a hefty amount of melted cheese, all on cuban bread. Mmmmmm....

This is pretty tasty too though, with a basket of fried bananas and sweet potatoes off to the side:

100_0439.jpg

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #28 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Contrary to what the above records show, this is my first actual post for this meet. That picture of Vicky was put up by Mr Gene under my name.

Just so you know Mike, this wasn't a real meet. I didn't start the thread thus it is null and void and your record is intact. John protested and claimed he hadn't received a copy of the by-laws but I informed him that it is more than a bylaw, it is an amendment in the Florida Head-fi constitution. As such any educated person should know it by heart and not need their handbook. Then again I fell behind in the meet race long ago so I don't care if I put myself down one more.

So anyway, good times guys. Don't have any impressions other than that the Yami is indeed very cool. I remember more about the beers we drank though than the gear I listened to. That Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier was awesome despite all John's wussed out reactions to it.

So now I'm home and of course I swung by the Buddhist Temple for some food. This papaya salad is my penance for the Ybor Burger I ate last night. Ground beef burger with roast pork on top and a hefty amount of melted cheese, all on cuban bread. Mmmmmm....

This is pretty tasty too though, with a basket of fried bananas and sweet potatoes off to the side:

100_0439.jpg

Ignorance of the law is no defense. Shame on John. I think it may be time to call a meeting of the Florida Supreme Counsel to discuss whether disciplinary action is required. Dissention will not be tolerated.
mad.gif

While I didn't have any Thai food from the Temple (great stuff), I did have some matzo brie which was good (it's a Jewish thing).

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #30 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happens at the slumber party, stays at the slumber party.

I can respect that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back