Halifax, Nova Scotia Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #31 of 47
If you can rattle a few more chains I'd be up for an east coast meet!

I have a small collection that I could bring if there are any requests.
:beerchug:

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #32 of 47
Sorry to be off topic here.

I'm going to be in Halifax for a while this summer and was wondering if anyone there has gotten impressions for ciem's done and if there's an audiologist they would recommend.

Cheers

Apr 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #33 of 47
Hey Pudu

Sorry CIEMS are out of my price range so I can't offer any advice. Headphone shops and Head-Fi'ers are also a little on the sparse side as well so you might just be better off with inquiring with SHANS. http://www.shans.ca/
:beerchug:

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #35 of 47
I am going to bump this thread again, apologies
tongue.gif

Is anyone down to have a meet in the near future? I'm not sure if any of the previous attempts have been successful, but it would be awesome if us Haligonians (and Nova Scotians of course) could have even the smallest of meets.

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #36 of 47
There are two four of us so far in the Atlantic Canada Group... Both from NS so join up and a small meet would be cool.

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #37 of 47
I would love to have a meet in Halifax,I would definitely attend. All I have to bring are my m50x's so nothing special but it would be fun to see what i will be able to afford one day 

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #38 of 47
I just want to find another Audiophile with the sort of gear that I have! I use Beyerdynamic T5ps, Grado PS500s, Sennheiser HD600s, and Hifiman HE400S' on rotation along with lots of other sonic experiences, but sadly there is absolutely no one else here with the same kind of inventory or passion for this hobby. Car enthusiasts just have to yell "CAR!!!" in a crowd and a sizeable club will spontaneously form right then and there. It's like a crystal forming from dropping a grain of sand in a supersaturated salt solution.

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #39 of 47
I haven't bought headphone gear in a while, but I would be willing to meet up. I have an Ultrasone HFI 780, HiFiMAN HE-400, V-Sonic GR07 (Bass Edition),  and an AKG K545. I also have a Schitt Modi and Magni as well as a Fiio E12 and a Meier-Audio Corda Head-six.

My most recent audiophile purchase was an amazing wireless speaker, the Sony SRS-X9, but it would be hard to share the experience 
smile.gif

Let me know through PM if a meet-up is something you would be interested in.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #40 of 47
To bring an old thread back from the dead...anybody interested in a meet in Halifax? I have never been to one, so I have no idea how this would work.
I would like to talk to other enthusiasts, learn more and try out some different models. We don't have a lot of options here for buying local, so it would be great to talk and test with others.
My focus is on a mobile setup, even though most of my listening is done at home.
I have an almost new iPod Classic and a Sony NWZ A17 for sources. My headphones are ATH-M50X, B&W P5's (gen. 1) and HD598C'S. Thinking HARD about HE400S and want to drop by Glubes soon for a test drive.

Shane D

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #41 of 47
I would be down for a meet. I currently have a Hifiman HE-500 for at home listening, and I have a Audioquest NightOwl ordered with Glubes for portable listening.

My at home source is a Schiit Modi with a Magni amp. For on-the-go, I recently bought an LG V20.

I would be free on weekends or weeknights after 6:00PM from May onward.

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #42 of 47
I would be down for a meet. I currently have a Hifiman HE-500 for at home listening, and I have a Audioquest NightOwl ordered with Glubes for portable listening.

My at home source is a Schiit Modi with a Magni amp. For on-the-go, I recently bought an LG V20.

I would be free on weekends or weeknights after 6:00PM from May onward.

I have to say that the thing on your list I would like to try most is the LG V20. 2nd up would be the Hifiman phones. Not sure I have anything you would be much interested in though. My schedule is wide open. Maybe in May we could get one or two more people.

I gotta ask: what you think of the V20? What kind of music do you listen to on your phone? FLAC/ALAC? MP3?

Thanks.

Shane D

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #43 of 47
I have to say that the thing on your list I would like to try most is the LG V20. 2nd up would be the Hifiman phones. Not sure I have anything you would be much interested in though. My schedule is wide open. Maybe in May we could get one or two more people.

I gotta ask: what you think of the V20? What kind of music do you listen to on your phone? FLAC/ALAC? MP3?

Thanks.

Shane D

The LG V20 is an improvement over my previous Samsung Galaxy S5; that I can say for sure. However, I would like to put the V20 through its paces with the Audioquest NightOwl as it is in a different league than my current AKG K545. I'm hoping I will see a marked improvement with the NightOwls.

I listen to 320 kbps mp3s, through Spotify, on my LG V20. I am tempted to try high res audio as the LG V20 supports it, but I can't justify spening $20 on an album yet, when I get two months of Spotify premium for the same cost.

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #44 of 47
The LG V20 is an improvement over my previous Samsung Galaxy S5; that I can say for sure. However, I would like to put the V20 through its paces with the Audioquest NightOwl as it is in a different league than my current AKG K545. I'm hoping I will see a marked improvement with the NightOwls.

I listen to 320 kbps mp3s, through Spotify, on my LG V20. I am tempted to try high res audio as the LG V20 supports it, but I can't justify spening $20 on an album yet, when I get two months of Spotify premium for the same cost.

Yeah I don't get the whole hi rez thing either. When I converted my whole
CD library, I went ALAC. Sounded great! But I have to say that the iTunes stuff sounds just fine to me and it's only 256K. I wonder if my micro SD card, from my Sony would read in your phone? I have a couple of thousand ALAC songs on that and would love to hear them on your phone.
I am SURE it sounds much better than my Note 4.

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #45 of 47
I meant to ask, are your headphones powerful enough to trigger the quad DAC in your phone?

Shane D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back