Halifax, Nova Scotia Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #46 of 47
You could listen to your ALAC songs on my phone, but from what I could gather with my research, 320 kbps MP3 and 256 kbps AAC are sonically identical to 16 bit FLAC and ALAC (i.e. CD quality).

So you could just listen to Spotify on my phone, but I wouldn't be opposed to your microSD either.

I haven't tested it myself, but I think the difference in sound quality "might" become apparent with 24 and 32 bit lossless files.

The neat thing with the V20 is that the Quad DAC is always at your disposal. You simply have to toggle it in the settings. I think this changed from the early software on the V10, where the hifi DAC only activated under certain loading conditions.

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #47 of 47
The neat thing with the V20 is that the Quad DAC is always at your disposal. You simply have to toggle it in the settings. I think this changed from the early software on the V10, where the hifi DAC only activated under certain loading conditions.

Cool! I have been following the phone thread for a long time and I thought you still needed to do a little hack for the low power headphones like mine.

Shane D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back