Haha Cnet MP3 Insider 126
Dec 4, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh? With headphones, I listen to the K240 Sextett ~75% of the time specifically because it lets me focus solely on the music in a non-analytical way... how does that make me a prime example?
confused.gif

Probably refering to that old thread that got dug up a little while ago.

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #17 of 21
It's all about the recording and the converting to the mp3 than the bitrate. I have some 128kbps songs that sound brilliant, and others that sound just as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Patrick is in another realm, another plane of existence...it's not hifi anymore
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #18 of 21
Yeah, the only tolerance I ahve towards the Loudness War is in heavy metal like Disturbed as it's origins was founded on distortion and part of the genre.
Anyway , only at work I can tolerate a crap iPod + crapty $30 stereo as that's all that's really needed for some background music for work to give the place atmosphere. Someone yes however I do comment in my mind 'oh god that track sounds awful :p'

Anyway, Cnet once again fails tbh.
I really can get into my music, it's just I enjoy it far more when I hear everything that the producer/artist intended.
What the Cnet writer fails to understand is what drives audiophiles to buy what they do?

Music and the appriciation of listening to it.

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #19 of 21
I've had friends try to get me to watch "cams" but I can't stand the horrible artifacts so I can't enjoy the movie. But if I watch a proper DVD or HD version of that movie there's less distractions to me and I can enjoy it more.
And the same goes for music, but obviously the difference is often not so blatant.

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #20 of 21
I'm more concerned with degrading the overall pool of music that will be available to future generations. If somehow only a 128kbps source becomes available, like some fan rips a garage bands demo CD without thinking, and the demo lost (this happened in particular to a few tracks back in the original Napster days) everyone is forever stuck with a crappy edition, where if the fidelity were preserved from the get go, we could all enjoy it on ever increasingly analytical and exact mediums of the future.

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #21 of 21
Almost all the audiophiles I've meet have some of the most diverse and best taste in music- AND they have the system to reproduce it beautifully, which in turn gives the music even more emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back