Hagerman Audio Labs "Tuba"
Oct 13, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #333 of 383
I've already ordered a PowerElite to try....
Great! Please keep us posted.
Some reviewers rate the Elite on par with, or better than, the SBooster.
From what I understand, the Elite is a switching, not linear, power supply, which makes things even more interesting.
At any rate, it seems like the Tuba has still more to offer, and therefore a worthy component to augment with the likes of an iFi Elite, SBooster, etc.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #334 of 383
NICE synergy with the [32 ohm] Ultrasone Edition Eleven(!).
LO jack, volume knob at 12:45 to 1:00 and Russian 6N14N tubes.
The Hagerman preserves the more exacting and incisive character of the Eleven while imparting a fuller and more sophisticated tonality, a larger scale to individual elements and a keener sense of separation, layering.
That's two-for-two for the Tuba, with as-yet no apparent downside to report.

Have the LYRs on hand with a just-arrived 2x 6J5-to-6SN7 adapter. Am getting anxious to make comparisons.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #335 of 383
Great! Please keep us posted.
Some reviewers rate the Elite on par with, or better than, the S Booster.
From what I understand, the Elite is a switching, not linear, power supply, which makes things even more interesting.
At any rate, it seems like the Tuba has still more to offer, and therefore a worthy component to augment with the likes of an iFi Elite.
https://ifi-audio.com/products/ipower-elite/
We shall see. This coming week.

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #336 of 383
Just ordered the iFi iPower Elite [15v/3.5A] for the Tuba (scheduled to arrive this Wednesday or Thursday) and an iPower2 [9v/2.5A] for the Wyred4Sound Recovery (scheduled to arrive next Monday or Tuesday).

[Used the "Rewards Points" that had accumulated on my credit card. : ) ]

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #337 of 383
Just ordered the iFi iPower Elite [15v/3.5A] for the Tuba (scheduled to arrive this Wednesday or Thursday) and an iPower2 [9v/2.5A] for the Wyred4Sound Recovery (scheduled to arrive next Monday or Tuesday).

Hi Pataburd , i recalled you were a huge fan of hd650 in the earlier days of headfi. Have you tried the sennheiser on tuba amp?

Oct 17, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #339 of 383

I predict you will be a happy listener.
More later (I'm in the middle of a listening session now) but you'll find the Elite well worth it. You can tell.

Oct 18, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #341 of 383
The iPower Elite is expected to arrive tomorrow, but I will be away for the next few days, deferring audition until Friday.
Thank you for the "spoiler alert".
:beerchug:
🤔 if the alert bodes well, is it a ‘spoiler’?

Oct 20, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #345 of 383
Great news,
As far as my ability to predict the future, Carnac The Magnificent was my father...
…. did Carnac predict that you would take the fork in the road 🤨🤪🤣? ….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back