H3 Meet Impressions LA 8/18/2012 Thread
Aug 21, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #91 of 191
No I don't think so, the ODAC is much better than the O2.

Thanks that's right. I was thinking of purrin's comments about the ODAC being source dependent (desktops being better power sources than some laptops).

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #92 of 191
Aug 21, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #93 of 191
LOL. I like the O2 better because of its more consistent performance. But I know what you guys mean. The ODAC at its best is very very good.

So who's up for a mini-meet in South OC? I'm bummed that I wasn't able to meet many of you. By the time I got done with my chores, I walked to some of your guys' tables, but many of you were off listening to other stuff.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #94 of 191
Quote:
LOL. I like the O2 better because of its more consistent performance. But I know what you guys mean. The ODAC at its best is very very good.

So who's up for a mini-meet in South OC? I'm bummed that I wasn't able to meet many of you. By the time I got done with my chores, I walked to some of your guys' tables, but many of you were off listening to other stuff.

When and where man.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #95 of 191
Yeah - we need to get together since you are putting together next years' meet for a grand two day event. 
biggrin.gif

LOL, I still haven't lifted all my gear and amps upstairs...

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #96 of 191
Quote:

I wouldn't mind coming, got an LCD-3 and a eximus dp1 to share

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #97 of 191
I'd sign up as a vendor for the next meet.

Might have some new goodies to show by then....

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #98 of 191
Quote:
The ODAC is a critical element in my signal path because it's the only DAC I've got lol. I have an E7 but that's a combo amp/DAC and it mostly collects dust at this point. Other experienced head-fiers seem to think the ODAC is the weaker aspect of the O2/ODAC combo, but I have no idea how true that might be. The hot item right now seems to be the leckerton uha-6s.mkII, which is a combo amp/DAC as well, and receives unanimous praise from what I've seen.

Quote:
No I don't think so, the ODAC is much better than the O2.

Quote:

Sometimes, I am absolutely astounded by how I can wind up with less insight even after accumulating more knowedge.  LOL, isn't our hobby wonderful in oh-so-mysterious ways? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #100 of 191
Quote:
Yeah - we need to get together since you are putting together next years' meet for a grand two day event. 
biggrin.gif

Heh, I did a couple boxes/chassis per day and finished this afternoon.  Saved the Menace power supply for last. :p  

I'd be interested in going to a mini meet as always.

gilency I'll PM you about your HP/amp dilemma. :)

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #102 of 191
Quote:
biggrin.gif

lol,
Yeah that would be good so I can figure out all the steps from you to make this two day event happen. 

I am thinking about making an interest thread of the next couple of days, and I am already starting to talk to people. I need to get in touch with the guy who is gonna run the bay area meet next year and coordinate with him.

Shiori

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #103 of 191
Yeah - we need to get together since you are putting together next years' meet for a grand two day event. :D

2 day meet? Hm... airfare might be worth it for 2 days.

Also.. if this happens, perhaps the return of CanJam (proper)??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back