Gustard X26 Pro Dual ES9038PRO DAC
Mar 28, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #1,247 of 1,250
Apr 23, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #1,248 of 1,250
Hello fellow X26 Pro owners.

I've been enjoying the DAC for a good while now without any issues, except for one which I've not been able to solve - when playing DSD files (upsampled either by PGGB or HQ Player) at the DSD512 rate, the DAC outputs silence at the frequency of 24.5MHz which is applicable to the files which are 48kHz or multiples thereof. I have had absolutely zero issues with 22.5MHz (or any rate below it), but for some reason when playing the higher rate, there is zero sound coming out of the DAC, even though the display changes to 24.5MHz, indicating the correct rate, thus - it would seem to me - also indicating that it has recognised the incoming signal.

I have updated the software and firmware; I have even uninstalled the newest software and installed the previous version, but it's not made any difference. I'm on Windows 11. I'm wondering if for some strange reason the DAC is capped at 22.5MHz (but then why would it even recognise the higher rate?), or if there is a software-related issue, possibly to do with Windows.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If you have this DAC and 24.5MHz works perfectly fine for you, I'd also appreciate you letting me know what system and drivers you're operating on as this may help me get closer to establishing the reason behind this odd behaviour.

Thanks

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #1,249 of 1,250
If you have this DAC and 24.5MHz works perfectly fine for you, I'd also appreciate you letting me know what system and drivers you're operating on as this may help me get closer to establishing the reason behind this odd behaviour.

The display on mine is a little screwed up, but hopefully you can see that 24.5 is being displayed. This plays without issue via an Antipodes K50 running Squeeze. The driver is the ALSA driver that ships with some flavors of Linux, I believe.

1713929883321.jpeg

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #1,250 of 1,250
The display on mine is a little screwed up, but hopefully you can see that 24.5 is being displayed. This plays without issue via an Antipodes K50 running Squeeze. The driver is the ALSA driver that ships with some flavors of Linux, I believe.

1713929883321.jpeg
Thanks, must be a Windows/driver-related issue then. What a pain. The driver is in the ASIO mode so should be bypassing Windows's own audio console fully. I'll keep trying and if I find a solution I'll post it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back