Gustard X22 DAC
Jan 29, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #76 of 188
Hello. I am determined to buy an X20 PRO or an X22. The price difference is about $ 270. Is it worth the superior price to acquire the X22? One thing that makes me doubt is that the photos seem to show a more careful interior in the X20, although I don´t understand too much about technical issues. What do you think? Thank you very much in advance and greetings.

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #77 of 188
Hello. I am determined to buy an X20 PRO or an X22. The price difference is about $ 270. Is it worth the superior price to acquire the X22? One thing that makes me doubt is that the photos seem to show a more careful interior in the X20, although I don´t understand too much about technical issues. What do you think? Thank you very much in advance and greetings.
Hello there, shame the difference in price for you is so high, here it was less then £100 more.
I have the x22 and my system now and enjoying a vast improvement from my older Cyrus dac. so much so that I can't get enough listening time. I am pulled into the music and for me this choice is correct as wanted the latest chip.
I would say the X20 Pro would have been equally fulfilling if I had bought it. (I was intending to get the x20 Pro but when I saw the newer x22 version available I wanted it)

I don't think you would regret either Dac, it is ultimately your decision re budget,
I hope this is of some use to you and wish you the best in your decision

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #78 of 188
Hello there, shame the difference in price for you is so high, here it was less then £100 more.
I have the x22 and my system now and enjoying a vast improvement from my older Cyrus dac. so much so that I can't get enough listening time. I am pulled into the music and for me this choice is correct as wanted the latest chip.
I would say the X20 Pro would have been equally fulfilling if I had bought it. (I was intending to get the x20 Pro but when I saw the newer x22 version available I wanted it)

I don't think you would regret either Dac, it is ultimately your decision re budget,
I hope this is of some use to you and wish you the best in your decision

Thank you. By having the last chip, the X22 seems to be the best candidate. Your opinion is very useful to me. Regards!

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #81 of 188
Hi peteg: How is the X-22 settling in ? (A PM is fine -if you have some spare time)

(I received my X-20pro yesterday (Clk =Normal, Filter = Apodizing) and am enjoying some really impressive (layered, dimensional) sound.
Sound-stage dimensionality is impressive; Top/Bottom, Left/Right, Tonality = natural/analog like. I note it is 'sensitive' to power cord choice.)

pj
Allhifi, re clock position Auto or Normal
You're going to love it.
Question, Clock in normal or Auto _ Auto is if source above already has a fine clock! like my CD Transport I would use Auto. but if I am streaming from Spotify, or Lossless files from my NAS through my Sonos connect Coax to X22 should I use Normal? or is the clock good enough to use Auto?

kind regards

DacBuddha

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #84 of 188
Hi. I´m the happy owner of the X-22 from about 2 weeks.
Although there is a lot of work to do trying cables, configuration options, etc., i have to say that it is a fantastic dac that I enjoy more every day. It is also very attractive and seems well built. In short, very happy with my purchase.
Greetings from Spain.

Apr 3, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #86 of 188
My previous dac was Marantz HD DAC-1. To my ears, it sounded well, although it had a little "rolled off" treble, and the sound was a little "boring". Comparatively, The X22 has a very "alive" sound, more to my liking.
I also had the chance to listen the Rega DAC-R in my system recently, and it sounded good, although I like the Gustard more

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #87 of 188
The only thing I don´t like is that after listening to a song encoded in PCM, when you begin to listen a song encoded in DSD, there is an annoying "pop". I don't know if you've observed this little problem in your own.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #90 of 188
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these but had a question. I plan to run this to my preamp - what do I do with the volume? I've looked at the manual and didn't see a way to bypass the volume knob so I didn't know where to set the volume knob.
Any help would be appreciated:)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back