Gustard X20 DAC
Nov 2, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #1,231 of 1,320
Ric's Level 1 mod involves wrapping the fuse in copper foil, essentially saying you have no fuse. The 2 units I modded I wrapped the fuse in foil as well. I don't ever remember having a solid state line level pre-amp, phono amp, dac or cd player ever blow a fuse. So no this shouldn't happen much if at all.

Nov 4, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #1,232 of 1,320
... selecting DSD 512 in my audio system, the sound becomes intermittent: I mean that it stops and goes, stops and goes, stops and goes about every 0.50 seconds or so, just like if the buffer level to be too low.
Problem solved.

As mentioned by someone, the cause was indeed the CPU: the usage was not so high using my old Intel Core Duo E8400 processor (around 40%), and the DSD 512 sound also became intermitten using an i5 laptop.

Now I have got an i7-7700K: the CPU usage is up to 11% only, but its speed goes up to 4,45 GHz! The other CPUs are not so fast, that's why the sound was intermittent while playing DSD 512.

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #1,233 of 1,320
Ric's Level 1 mod involves wrapping the fuse in copper foil, essentially saying you have no fuse. The 2 units I modded I wrapped the fuse in foil as well. I don't ever remember having a solid state line level pre-amp, phono amp, dac or cd player ever blow a fuse. So no this shouldn't happen much if at all.

I have similar experience with fuse in my sound equipment. Only one amp had its fuse burnt, it kept burning fuse so the my local repair shot could not even get it fixed.

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #1,234 of 1,320
Problem solved.

As mentioned by someone, the cause was indeed the CPU: the usage was not so high using my old Intel Core Duo E8400 processor (around 40%), and the DSD 512 sound also became intermitten using an i5 laptop.

Now I have got an i7-7700K: the CPU usage is up to 11% only, but its speed goes up to 4,45 GHz! The other CPUs are not so fast, that's why the sound was intermittent while playing DSD 512.
Please could you try daphile loaded from a USB stick and as such does not interfere with your windows settings.
I am interested in the CPU loadings and relative sq. Note the daphile power settings where you can fine tune the CPU.

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #1,235 of 1,320
Please could you try daphile loaded from a USB stick and as such does not interfere with your windows settings.
I am interested in the CPU loadings and relative sq. Note the daphile power settings where you can fine tune the CPU.

Hi, Triplefun, Can X20+daphile do DSD256 upsampling for you? I used the X20+daphile configuration for a while, I liked it but this configuration could only do DSD128 upsampling for me.

Nov 4, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #1,237 of 1,320
Dec 1, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #1,243 of 1,320
Hello everybody,

is anyone able to help me with this "problem"

I own a gustard x20 u (no pro) and the singxer SU1

player software is hqplayer and Jriver.

I installed the latest firmware for the singxer and the holo driver for native dsd.

I do not manage to play dsd 512 native, dsd 256 plays very good.

I tried many settings but when i play dsd 512 i hear a strange whistling sound, distortion, white noise

no hicks and cpu usage is not high.

After 20-30 seconds the noise dissapears and dsd 512 sounds great

the problem is the same by jriver and hqplayer

The hdmi cable between singxer and gustard is 0.5 mtr audioquest cinnamon.

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings, Ton from Holland

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #1,245 of 1,320
Can someone please confirm that a gustard x20u with only a mod1 (ie no replacement of any electrical components) and unmodded singxter su-1 (other than loading of the latest firmware and appropriate i2s HDMI dip switch settings) supports dsd512 over i2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back