Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Jan 4, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #3,182 of 3,700
  That's it. R-Core and TCXO (1). The via chip cannot work with 2 clocks as far as i know. At least, not with the implementation used by audio-gd. 

I am looking for galvanic isolation now. That should do it for me. There is also this product to considerer (besides the rj45 isolator I mentioned earlier) although it does not seem to work consistently with all usb receivers according to a Computer Audiophile thread.

http://www.ttl-network.de/news-details/new-rj45-network-galvanic-isolator.html

I would rather go the i2s way. Much more likely to work properly IMO and thus i would still be using the best input of the M7 according to experts. I have tried spdif over bnc with a dhlabs cable and preferred i2s).

So I'm a little confused on the new DU-I8 - it does use the two audio clocks shown - or only one - or none - just the clock on the right?

Good luck with your i2s isolation project.

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #3,185 of 3,700

So I'm a little confused on the new DU-I8 - it does use the two audio clocks shown - or only one - or none - just the clock on the right?

Well the di-u8 has a whole new board with with xmos u8 and 2 clocks. Superior in my opinion to the usb32 board, that had only one clock and probably an inferior processing chip (via). The rest of the di2014 looks mostly the same. R-core is standard on the di-u8.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #3,186 of 3,700

Ordered this:

https://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/pcaudio/lan_isolator.html

I think it should make a difference.

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #3,188 of 3,700
Yes it does!

Have you tried it with an i2s rj45 connection?

I am looking for the perfect digital sound and i am really close to having it (very organic and musical, with excellent balance, detail and spatiality). Just hoping to be the final improvment if ever this is possible for someone who is affected by the audiophile disease.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #3,190 of 3,700
  Well the di-u8 has a whole new board with with xmos u8 and 2 clocks. Superior in my opinion to the usb32 board, that had only one clock and probably an inferior processing chip (via). The rest of the di2014 looks mostly the same. R-core is standard on the di-u8.

Yes I see -  well having the two separate audio clocks and XMOS would make a difference.  Wondering which clocks those are.

Ordered this:

https://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/pcaudio/lan_isolator.html

I think it should make a difference.

Good luck

That strand surface eddy effect they mention is the reason I use only solid wire in my modding.  Mundorf Solid Silver/Teflon and Solid .9999 Copper/ Teflon.  No stranded twists for me!

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #3,191 of 3,700
Have you tried it with an i2s rj45 connection?

I am looking for the perfect digital sound and i am really close to having it (very organic and musical, with excellent balance, detail and spatiality). Just hoping to be the final improvment if ever this is possible for someone who is affected by the audiophile disease.

No,   just using to isolate network noise from streaming pc.....

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #3,194 of 3,700
Just ordered a second TeraDak DC-30W - this one for the DXIO Pro3a or Remedy - haven't decided which.  But noticed it has different caps (looks like better and larger Pannie FM's) and a slightly different layout.  The little blue voltage adjustment is there.  This one was advertised as a 10V for the Weiss int203.  Dual regulators - vs just one.  It was $129 plus $22 for shipping.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #3,195 of 3,700
Looking forward to A-gd DI-U8 vs Breeze 
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back