Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Jan 25, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #466 of 3,700
I'm using the latest build of win 10 and u12 with standard drivers 3.23

I can't seem to get exclusive use of the u12 ie I can play other sounds while music is playing and also adjust the volume.

wasapi exclusive/event and ks should make the device exclusive, also looked at the device using ksstudio and there are 3 nodes dac, mute, volume, am wondering if these are implemented in the xmos chip.

have tried jrmc and other players and also refreshed with latest win 10 build.

Does anyone have exclusive access ?

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #468 of 3,700
I just received my U12 and X12 have hooked it up to my iMac but I have a question. with my other dac ifi nano when I hooked it up to my iMac I couldn't change the volume on my iMac but with the u12 and X12 I can change the volume on my iMac is that normal.
Which outputs get you the best sound quality on the U12.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #469 of 3,700
  I just received my U12 and X12 have hooked it up to my iMac but I have a question. with my other dac ifi nano when I hooked it up to my iMac I couldn't change the volume on my iMac but with the u12 and X12 I can change the volume on my iMac is that normal.

can't see passed i2s if you have u12 and x12, it's the only way to get dsd64 dop and dsd128 dop as well

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #470 of 3,700

I2S thru HDMI is best!

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #472 of 3,700

About volume control, that depends on the drivers i suppose, but, i'm not sure since i'm "a windows guy" and not specifically used to macs.
I'm not sure if it influences SQ, best is to test it, if you can hear any degrading in SQ when decreasing volume on your mac (and increase volume on your amp), then you know it's best
not to use volume control on your Mac, if you can't hear any difference then i suppose it's ok or?

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #474 of 3,700
hi
I received mine today.
Bought on ebay at sep_store ; 2weeks from order to delivery near Paris (France), not bad, well packed. Fine. The power cord was dead, I replaced with a basic spare one.
My point about the Gustard U12 was : is it better than my DXIO PRO (old version vs the current one available) ? => yes !
Less digital for sure, thus more natural. As said before sound is rather smooth and enable "easy listining", that's what I was looking for :wink:
The U12 remains nearly cold, no overheating, that's a good point.
This report is done after 5hours burning. Is really really better after 50h as mentioned above ? because I already find the interface worth the price :wink:
When I say "worth the price" it is pretty much relative because I tested only the DXIO, no interface more expensive than the U12 :)

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #475 of 3,700
Just waiting for the Gungnir...
The DI is about twice as big. It also has more inputs (coax, toslink) and one extra output (BNC) though it lacks toslink out.
I will compare U12 vs DI vs Schiit's USB gen 2.

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #476 of 3,700
Just waiting for the Gungnir...
The DI is about twice as big. It also has more inputs (coax, toslink) and one extra output (BNC) though it lacks toslink out.
I will compare U12 vs DI vs Schiit's USB gen 2.

Still keep checking back to see what you think 
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #479 of 3,700
Hi I have a problem with the U12 I played some dsd tracks but now the unit is stuck to 352.8 (I'm using a Mac)and everytime I try to play some YouTube videos I can't hear anything is it possible to reset this unit.

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #480 of 3,700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back