GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #4,636 of 5,552
Hi Guys, 

Just a quick update, we are sending out the new batch of V5 for all the H-10 customer. We are process as quick as we can please bear with us for now. 

On anther note. we have made a custom heatsink for the H-10 amp. This new part allows the internal heat sink inside the H-10 to have a firm contact with the top plate of the unit which allows a much better heat dissipation. At this stage we are still experimenting but the initial result is very impressive. We don't have plan to turn this into a commercal part yet but if anyone here want to obtain a sample and test it out for them self please drop me a email (via our main email: info at bursonaudio.com). 

Happy listening 
Dennis

Burson Audio Stay updated on Burson Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BursonAudio https://twitter.com/bursonaudio http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/
Mar 16, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #4,637 of 5,552
Actually that heatsink looks nice.

Now for the hundred dollar question, does any1 know where i can the singles V5 within the EU ? Cause if it comes from outside ill have to pay the price plus anywhere from 23 to 30% -.-.

Edit - @Burson Audio maybe u can help in that regard?

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #4,638 of 5,552
Hi Guys, 

Just a quick update, we are sending out the new batch of V5 for all the H-10 customer. We are process as quick as we can please bear with us for now. 

On anther note. we have made a custom heatsink for the H-10 amp. This new part allows the internal heat sink inside the H-10 to have a firm contact with the top plate of the unit which allows a much better heat dissipation. At this stage we are still experimenting but the initial result is very impressive. We don't have plan to turn this into a commercal part yet but if anyone here want to obtain a sample and test it out for them self please drop me a email (via our main email: info at bursonaudio.com). 

Happy listening 
Dennis

That is a good idea. How does it attach, thermal tape?

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #4,639 of 5,552

Just a quick update, we are sending out the new batch of V5 for all the H-10 customer. 

I haven't been following things. Does this apply to each and every V5 owner regardless of issue?

Now for the hundred dollar question, does any1 know where i can the singles V5 within the EU ? 

On eBay and in France for example.

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #4,641 of 5,552
  I'm looking for an amp that is relatively powerful like the H10 with a smaller footprint. Besides the Liquid carbon (which is a lot more expensive than I would rather shell out), the iFi iCAN looks interesting. Does anyone own both and can compare both, using either the HD800 or the T1?

Also, any other options besides either H10 or the iFi to amp the 2 headphones? I don't anticipate ever using planars cuz of their weight so I don't need something crazy powerful.

Or the Nuforce HA-200 - it's really great with the HD800 - a true single-ended, low-feedback, Class A amp - and affordable. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #4,642 of 5,552
my full boat V5s was shipped on the 8th, should be arriving any day now. 
popcorn.gif

this would cure my upgraditis for at least a couple of months

on another note, I wish audio companies could find a way make this upgrading thing more "modular"
like a couple hundred bucks worth of upgrade every few months and next thing you know, you have summit-fi level of equipment
makes it an easier pill to swallow for that chronic upgraditis compared to shelling out $$$ in one go.
but then i guess you could buy and sell equipment. anyways, just a thought. 
blink.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #4,643 of 5,552
I'm rather curious about how additional heat dissipation might affect the sound quality of the H10, so I opted to demo the heat sink. Now it's the waiting game until the full boat and the heat sink show up.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #4,644 of 5,552

I had the same idea about the heat sink when I read somebody's post where he was thinking of drilling holes in his case for ventilation.  
eek.gif

But does the H-10 have a heat problem in its stock configuration?  Mine gets a little warm, but not enough that I was concerned.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #4,645 of 5,552
  I had the same idea about the heat sink when I read somebody's post where he was thinking of drilling holes in his case for ventilation.  
eek.gif

But does the H-10 have a heat problem in its stock configuration?  Mine gets a little warm, but not enough that I was concerned.

Mine only gets the slightest bit warm in stock configuration.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #4,646 of 5,552
eek.gif

Ran mine with HE-560 for hours in room temp at about 71 Fahrenheit or 22 Celsius and chassis doesn't get hot. It's just warm. Opened the chassis and the heat sink was hot, but other components were just warm including the bursons V5s. Stock op amps were pretty hot.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #4,647 of 5,552
I had the same idea about the heat sink when I read somebody's post where he was thinking of drilling holes in his case for ventilation.  :eek:

Mine only gets the slightest bit warm in stock configuration.

After a few hours of on time, remove the cover and touch that black heatsink. It holds some heat.

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #4,649 of 5,552
Received not just my one dual v5 replacement from Burson but a full boat of replacements they've earned a loyal customer here,so for everyone else out there still waiting for replacements you should be getting them soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back