GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Jul 26, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #2,836 of 5,552
I currently using two LT1498's with the Two AD797BRZ and I liking it so far, I had it with the LME49860 but I didn't like it, Two LT1213's also worked very well with the AD797Brzs too at-least for me.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #2,837 of 5,552
  I currently using two LT1498's with the Two AD797BRZ and I liking it so far, I had it with the LME49860 but I didn't like it, Two LT1213's also worked very well with the AD797Brzs too at-least for me.

Hi, how would you describe the current pair of chips you have vs stock ?

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2,840 of 5,552
  Any reason why BRZ instead of AN?

Yeas LME49860 sometime can be too sharp for ears.

The major reason why was the affordable as I saw a deal where I could get two BRZ together already on single adapters. Then the other reason I read many times that the BRZ and AN are different so I decided to get the Brz because of the results i seen people with it got, Their sound signature is what I was wanted in comparison to the AN that they compared it to. Yea I know results could had been different do to the different design of the H10 or any other devices. But I wanted to do this right once and not face palm and have to buy the other AD797 because I didn't think it would had made any differences.  I replaced the LT1357 with the AD797BRZ's as I found the LT1357 with. But yea all the AN's I could find was Two pairs on adapters and cost too much and didn't fit my needs because of that.

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #2,844 of 5,552

Hi, how would you describe the current pair of chips you have vs stock ?

I haven't heard stock for a long time now but the first thing i remembered was the bass was too boomy and the sound stage to me was small which did improved after burn in, the OPA134 was the first op-amps i replaced with the dual channel ones being next.

With the current pair of chips I using now, the sound is open the bass is tight and hits hard and deep and the sound stage was wide and very good. I have to give my setup a listen again as I haven't been using it for a week as I been using my Receiver + speakers. But that what I remembered from it.

I went thru many op-amp pairings til i got it where I like it, LT1124+L1357 was good too but the bass heavy and hitting very hard and had lot of mid bass too while the sound stage was good on it too, the bass from the two was too much for me.

While LT1124+AD797BRZ was a good pairing to me too, Same with the LME49860 and LT1357 pairing.

So was the LT1213+AD797BRZ which to me was Wide sound stage, Spacious,Tight hard Hitting bass,with Airly Sound.

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #2,845 of 5,552

I haven't heard stock for a long time now but the first thing i remembered was the bass was too boomy and the sound stage to me was small which did improved after burn in, the OPA134 was the first op-amps i replaced with the dual channel ones being next.

With the current pair of chips I using now, the sound is open the bass is tight and hits hard and deep and the sound stage was wide and very good. I have to give my setup a listen again as I haven't been using it for a week as I been using my Receiver + speakers. But that what I remembered from it.

I went thru many op-amp pairings til i got it where I like it, LT1124+L1357 was good too but the bass heavy and hitting very hard and had lot of mid bass too while the sound stage was good on it too, the bass from the two was too much for me.

While LT1124+AD797BRZ was a good pairing to me too, Same with the LME49860 and LT1357 pairing.

So was the LT1213+AD797BRZ which to me was Wide sound stage, Spacious,Tight hard Hitting bass,with Airly Sound.

Good stuff guys!   There are so many permutations/flavors that with some effort, anyone's tastes can be accomodated.  Here was my take on it several pages back:

"The 797, 2604 combination retains more of the original H10's character. The added detail and drive of the 797 comes through nearly the same as it does with the stock 5532's- Perhaps with just a little more clarity. It's pretty subtle and without the benefit of direct a/b testing I take my own findings with the appropriately sized grain of salt.

The 823 was a different story. This one I could hear more plainly. Hard to say whether it is passing the 797's sound with less filter, or adding its own mojo on top of it. Either way, it's the sound I have been looking for. If you were wishing that your H10 was just a little less warm, had a smidge more upper treble energy, more fine detail and a little more imaging, than the 797/823 combo is it. Maybe Analog Devices has a house sound, our maybe these opamps were designed to be synergistic together. Whatever it is, they sound wonderful in the H10...and that's MY kind of wonderful. You guys can have fun finding your own flavor."

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #2,847 of 5,552
The X12 doesn't have any swappable op-amps just the H10. I recall seeing pictures of the X9 which does but its rare and jacked up in price past the cost of the X12 and you be better off getting the X12 any way.

Jul 28, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #2,848 of 5,552
I'm waiting to get my HD700 phones which I will be using with my H10. Hopefully there will be good synergy between phones and amp.
Are there op amps which would help with that pairing?

I was using HD650 phones but found them a bit dark. Its probably my abused old ears too. I'm looking for more treble and higher frequencies
in my listening because of my high frequency hearing loss. Also, I'm a drummer and I like to hear the hi-hats and ride cymbal very clearly.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #2,849 of 5,552
  I'm waiting to get my HD700 phones which I will be using with my H10. Hopefully there will be good synergy between phones and amp.
Are there op amps which would help with that pairing?

I was using HD650 phones but found them a bit dark. Its probably my abused old ears too. I'm looking for more treble and higher frequencies
in my listening because of my high frequency hearing loss. Also, I'm a drummer and I like to hear the hi-hats and ride cymbal very clearly.

I think the HD700 will pair better - I also found the H10 too dark with the 650. It's taming my HD800's treble nicely though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back