129.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 25, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #7,821 of 8,893
Word used is 'compatible'. The 'pirated' is a too common word in China. 😅

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #7,823 of 8,893
Word used is 'compatible'. The 'pirated' is a too common word in China. 😅

giphy.gif
In China term piracy applies to the counterfeited product that looks identical to the original. If a copycat contains visual differences (it can be even a different font on the company logo), property owner rights cannot be enforced.

This is intended to protect customers -- in China. They know local law and how to deal with. No one cares about Western customers.

Oct 25, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #7,824 of 8,893
Been many times in China (too many to count), knockoffs (at different grades) and overproduction runs are everywhere. If nobody complains (in most cases, only western people do), no law is inforced. So no surprises there.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #7,826 of 8,893
Appreciation post. I just compared my Gustard R26 with my Modius again as I’m always wondering is all of this bs? The subjective vs objectivist arguments and so on. I first went back to modius and I was like wow the bass is impressive. Then you listen for awhile and you realize (at least with my headphones) that it’s mostly an uninteresting wall of sound with pretty good bass. I went back to the Gustard R26 and I have a new appreciation for the fast filter. It gives you back the speed you’re losing with R2R compared to delta sigma with a much better/more interesting sound than a simple delta sigma dac. It’s not even close.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #7,827 of 8,893
Appreciation post. I just compared my Gustard R26 with my Modius again as I’m always wondering is all of this bs? The subjective vs objectivist arguments and so on. I first went back to modius and I was like wow the bass is impressive. Then you listen for awhile and you realize (at least with my headphones) that it’s mostly an uninteresting wall of sound with pretty good bass. I went back to the Gustard R26 and I have a new appreciation for the fast filter. It gives you back the speed you’re losing with R2R compared to delta sigma with a much better/more interesting sound than a simple delta sigma dac. It’s not even close.
You are comparing a $299 (Modius) DAC to a $1,649 (R26) DAC. I should hope the later would sound better.

Nov 1, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #7,828 of 8,893
In the Roon + Tidal version, the memory consumption reaches 95% when playing Tidal. It's true that everything works, but if someone has Roon, why do they need Tidal connect. So I disabled Roon support and the memory usage is around 60%. I wrote about it in earlier posts.
If you care about Tidal and Roon here's the link. This version is official firmware 1.4 + Tidal connect without the latest updates. I wrote about it HERE.

R26 Gustarender 1v4+Tidal unofficial fix (1.02GB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zBC-GeOP-aTz45yibJHwwS1CDmlLlohI/view?usp=sharing
I know it's a bit late but I hoped it's still working. I've tried all of the upgraded versions available here (two you had posted and 1.42 ver), flashed them using balenaEtcher but I can't get Tidal Connect to work, it doesn't appear in the app. I'm using Android. I have even tried downgrading the app as you advised earlier but no success yet. Do you have any idea why it's not working?

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #7,829 of 8,893
I know it's a bit late but I hoped it's still working. I've tried all of the upgraded versions available here (two you had posted and 1.42 ver), flashed them using balenaEtcher but I can't get Tidal Connect to work, it doesn't appear in the app. I'm using Android. I have even tried downgrading the app as you advised earlier but no success yet. Do you have any idea why it's not working?
I have now installed the old version 2.64.2 of Tidal (LINK HERE) on the latest Samsung S23+ and it works without any problems with the latest firmware 1.43. My previous versions of FW that included Tidal Connect used the same source as FW 1.43, so they should probably work as well. The only cause of problems on Android are the certificates used in newer versions of the application to securely connect to the R26. Gustard R26 is visible in the application but cannot be connected to it. If it is invisible, the only reason may be a problem with the LAN network.

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #7,830 of 8,893
I have now installed the old version 2.64.2 of Tidal (LINK HERE) on the latest Samsung S23+ and it works without any problems with the latest firmware 1.43.
Thanks, the combination of older app and 1.43 fw might be the only one I have not tried. I will try tomorrow. Previously I had installed 1.43 but I think my Tidal app was up to date. Btw. I have S23 base and have just updated to Android 14. Regardless of fw and app used, Gustard has never been visible in the app, which is weird because it was detected by mconnect and I could use UPnP with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back