GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Oct 20, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #7,787 of 8,893
If your system works and is NOT SQ related. Why bother...

Oct 20, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #7,788 of 8,893
I installed, DSD not working properly via BubbleUpnP.
Tidal connect not connecting via Tidal App.
I unpacked this firmware and it looks like Spotify and Tidal Connect support have been added. The Raspotify project was used to support Spotify and ifi_tidal-release was used to support Tidal. Both projects from GitHub.
When viewing system files, both services are enabled. Today I will upload the firmware to R26 and test it.

Oct 20, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #7,790 of 8,893
Are you also using ROON? Please reply your findings
I uploaded firmware 1v43 and Tidal Connect works without any problems. In the TIDAL app it is seen as Gustard R26. Spotify also works but a Premium account is required. In the Spotify application it is seen as raspotify (Gustarender-1v43). Roon also works but you need to re-add R26 in your audio devices. As for Roon, there is no update here.
If this is the official firmware version, I will no longer have to prepare further versions with Tidal support. I haven't tested the memory load but I assume it will be no different from the previous version of Tidal + Roon

Oct 20, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #7,791 of 8,893
I uploaded firmware 1v43 and Tidal Connect works without any problems. In the TIDAL app it is seen as Gustard R26. Spotify also works but a Premium account is required. In the Spotify application it is seen as raspotify (Gustarender-1v43). Roon also works but you need to re-add R26 in your audio devices. As for Roon, there is no update here.
If this is the official firmware version, I will no longer have to prepare further versions with Tidal support. I haven't tested the memory load but I assume it will be no different from the previous version of Tidal + Roon
How about DSD?

Oct 20, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #7,793 of 8,893
@wikaudio

As always, thank you for your contributions mój przyjaciel!

Oct 21, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #7,796 of 8,893
Hi @sajunky

see it this way. You were asking whether R26 reclock I2S port. They misunderstood it, as their response is about converting DSD stream to the PCM or not, according to "Direct DSD" settings. It is obvious that with Direct DSD 'on' clock line is related to the 2.8MHz sampling frequency and with PCM stream (or after converting to PCM, but not before - I2S line clock). There is a conflict (highlighted) in what they say, it is why I deduct they talk about different things.

Interesting. My interpretation of the response I received from Gustard is entirely different to yours. I'll post the response again below:

"In most cases, R26 will retime.
When nos is enabled, the IIS clock will be used in pcm.
Enabling dsd direct will use IIS clock in dsd."

The Gustard response makes absolutely no mention of converting DSD to PCM. My take on this is that if I have PCM NOS ON and I am using the I2S input, then the R26 is not re-clocking but using the clock information provided by the streamer in the I2S data-stream.

How would you phrase the question to Gustard to get absolute clarity / confirmation on your statement below? I'm willing to go back to Gustard to try and clear this up :relaxed:

Question in regard whether the I2S clock line is fed to a PLL or bypassing PLL is still unresolved.

Oct 21, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #7,798 of 8,893
Hello All

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

I would like to pose a question which is probably mildly off-topic but given that there has been a large amount of talk on this forum about using FMC kits to improve network quality for use with the R26, I will try my luck :relaxed:

Question: I have a couple of 10GTek FMC's. How would I go about grounding these devices, please?

Many thanks

Oct 21, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #7,799 of 8,893
Hello All

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

I would like to pose a question which is probably mildly off-topic but given that there has been a large amount of talk on this forum about using FMC kits to improve network quality for use with the R26, I will try my luck :relaxed:

Question: I have a couple of 10GTek FMC's. How would I go about grounding these devices, please?

Many thanks
What kind of power supplies are you using? With a decent LPS you should be getting decent ground connection. If you want to go wild, you could always connect a grounding box, but it's a chunk of change for decent ones, perhaps Jake can chime in on that topic. Are you sure you have a ground issue?

On that topic, we have a dirt floor basement with excellent, firm soil. I've been considering driving a copper ground stake in just below my system, and running a line down through the floor. Earth, the original ground box, and no $$$ boxes of dirt and magic fairy dust needed!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #7,800 of 8,893
The Gustard response makes absolutely no mention of converting DSD to PCM. My take on this is that if I have PCM NOS ON and I am using the I2S input, then the R26 is not re-clocking but using the clock information provided by the streamer in the I2S data-stream.

How would you phrase the question to Gustard to get absolute clarity / confirmation on your statement below? I'm willing to go back to Gustard to try and clear this up :relaxed:
They do indirectly, when refering to the option Direct DSD and it gives me confirmation for not understanding a question. I am sure they talk about processing data (sound). In fact, when these two options (NOS and a Direct DSD) are ON, there is no sound DSP processing, this is what they say and I have no problem with it. But it is not what you have asked for.

Your question refer to the clock synchronisation, in other words processing of the clock signal, not a data. There should be no difference in the clock synchronisation between DSD Direct ON and OFF options. In fact, recognition between PCM and DSD is a next step, following clock synchronisation and fetching input datastream to a buffer.

I am not sure they would understand my English (which is not native), try to get someone else for this task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back