GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Jul 31, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #7,006 of 8,940
Hello guys.
I would like to know if the Gustard can communicate via its usb-b input with an android device ? (Fiio dap)
Spec sheet talks about win11 and macOS but… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jul 31, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #7,007 of 8,940
I want to upgrade my TEAC NT-505 to R26.
How are these two compared?
Thanks
There's a guy who had the A26 who found the TEAC ud701n a significant upgrade. Two different DACs but that's the only data point I got.

Jul 31, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #7,008 of 8,940
Jul 31, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #7,009 of 8,940
There's a guy who had the A26 who found the TEAC ud701n a significant upgrade. Two different DACs but that's the only data point I got.
Yes, but a TEAC NT-505 is not really the same as TEAC ud701n.. and a R26, not the same as A26.. the upgrade is about streamer, dac (delta sigma vs AK). ?.

Jul 31, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #7,010 of 8,940
Yes, but a TEAC NT-505 is not really the same as TEAC ud701n.. and a R26, not the same as A26.. the upgrade is about streamer, dac (delta sigma vs AK). ?.
The guy that @Jake2 speaks about replaced his A26 by a UD-701N.
He does not use the streamers of the DACs, he streams with a Diretta setup.
I advised him to check the 701, because I could listen to it, and I was impressed by its sound.

Jul 31, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #7,011 of 8,940
is there an instruction for replacing the fuse? Where to look for a fuse inside?

Jul 31, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #7,012 of 8,940
is there an instruction for replacing the fuse? Where to look for a fuse inside?
It is located besides the AC connector

1. shut down and unplug the power cord from the DAC
2. pull that fuse holder off with a small flat screw driver. Fuse sits inside the plastic holder

1690794982905.png

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #7,013 of 8,940
The guy that @Jake2 speaks about replaced his A26 by a UD-701N.
He does not use the streamers of the DACs, he streams with a Diretta setup.
I advised him to check the 701, because I could listen to it, and I was impressed by its sound.
I was actually seriously considering a UD-701N alongside the R26 when I got it back in Sep last year, despite the price difference. No regrets going with the R26, it has exceeded expectations and scaled with other improvements to my system. Some of which, like the Puritan, I wouldn't have been able to justify if I'd got the TEAC. That's not so say i wouldn't be curious to hear the TEAC at twice the price or the Holo May KTE or T+A DAC200 at 3-4x the price. Not much opportunity to hear em down here prior to purchasing. Maybe one day.

Jul 31, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #7,014 of 8,940
I'm considering buying the UD-701N, but it's not a top priority at this moment. Like you, @Jake2 , I have some other projects in the pipeline to continue to improve my system. They benefit the R26, and will benefit any other DAC that I will buy in the future.

Jul 31, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #7,015 of 8,940
I'm considering buying the UD-701N, but it's not a top priority at this moment. Like you, @Jake2 , I have some other projects in the pipeline to continue to improve my system. They benefit the R26, and will benefit any other DAC that I will buy in the future.
Yup
I’m in the exact same boat. I couldn’t find any other DACs that felt like an improvement to the R26 feature wise under $10k besides the 701.

Jul 31, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #7,016 of 8,940
It is located besides the AC connector

1. shut down and unplug the power cord from the DAC
2. pull that fuse holder off with a small flat screw driver. Fuse sits inside the plastic holder

1690794982905.png
thanks

Jul 31, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #7,017 of 8,940
Hi Wikaudio, thanks for sharing this file with us! Tidal Connect works fine on my Windows laptop and Iphone, streaming to R26. Unfortunately there seems to be a problem using Android devices. On Android devices the R26 shows up in the list of available devices (after installing your modified firmware) but playback won't start when selecting the R26. Is this a known issue? Any idea how to fix it?
Thanks in advance for your respons!
Hi Ray79, I described this problem HERE. Unfortunately, nothing has changed to this day.

Jul 31, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #7,019 of 8,940
How can you identify exactly which one is L or N? Do we have to concern about the fuse direction?
Load should always be as mgsu showed. The load side moves through the fuse, they're connected on the back side of the IEC. Which direction a fuse is oriented is one of the great mysteries of hifi, and the standard line from fuse sellers is "play it in one direction for x hours then switch directions and decide which sounds best". This has never made sense to me and really puts me off. When someone pays $300 for a little tube with a wire in it, the fuse makers ought to have figured out such a fundamental issue.

Aug 1, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #7,020 of 8,940
Hello,
That's not quite right.
There are fuses that are bound to the direction of travel, these must be phased out.
Because it is actually arranged in such a way that the current should flow in this direction in order for it to function.
The other way round would work, but it tends to blow because it has not been phased out.

If the fuse is not directional, it really does not matter in which direction it is installed.

Whether you should actually turn it around and then decide which side you like best I'll leave open.

With the Hifituning fuse, I have heard that it has a positive effect.
One of the people who had it in the amplifier had problems with it in the treble range.
When he turned it, the problem disappeared.
I can't say why that was.

The subject of fuses is also a bit controversial, because most of them can colour the sound.
That can be counterproductive.
If you have enough bass, don't add more.
Go to the areas where you personally lack something that could be better.
Then you have done everything right.
It is not always necessary to spend a lot of money for what you can have cheaper and it helped to adjust the area where something was missing.
Just a tip from me where I have already tried something.

Silver adds a little more shine, neutrality and definition.
Whereas gold adds a bit of warmth, boosts bass a bit and is a bit more forgiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back