GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Jul 10, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #6,751 of 8,833
I don't understand what you are saying.
If he has already a 12V LPS, he can buy a switch with a SFP port. They have a built-in FMC, and most of them work with 12V.
It's a more simple solution than to buy a FMC + a new 5V LPS.

Confusing the guy with switches isn’t going to help but ok.
2 FMCs and 1 5v LPS is all he needs.
We got it so well documented here that anyone can understand it. $200 and he is gold.
The ones I used and posted about at an incredible €31 including 10m of optical cable (and two smps PSU's) accept 5-12v.
Oh nice. Well there ya go.

Jul 10, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #6,752 of 8,833
Confusing the guy with switches isn’t going to help but ok.
2 FMCs and 1 5v LPS is all he needs.
We got it so well documented here that anyone can understand it. $200 and he is gold.

Oh nice. Well there ya go.
Plugging fiber and an Ethernet cable to a switch in the clean side is exactly the same as connecting them to a FMC.
There's no rocket science that would confuse him. He has already a 12V LPS, so he knows how to use it.

Jul 10, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #6,753 of 8,833
Plugging fiber and an Ethernet cable to a switch in the clean side is exactly the same as connecting them to a FMC.
There's no rocket science that would confuse him. He has already a 12V LPS, so he knows how to use it.
Of course it isn’t. Just more expensive.
And I wouldn’t use any of the other LAN ports on it because of shared ground plane and noise. So kinda a waste. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jul 10, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #6,754 of 8,833
And I wouldn’t use any of the other LAN ports on it because of shared ground plane and noise. So kinda a waste. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This was explained already to the OP in the message quoted below. There is no need to keep arguing on the things that hasn't been contested.
Re #B: Good point. Just leave other ports not used and will be fine. Switch has a larger buffer than for one frame required for FMC. It may slightly increase latency, depends on a design, but not in a perceived factor.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #6,756 of 8,833
Hello I have Gustard R26 and it is connected to PC via USB. I am using good usb cable
Should I buy Topping HS02 USB isolator or ifi nano galvanic? is usb Audio can be prove? Because I am using only usb, game, movie with pc :)
I use the Topping USB isolator since I'm connected to a noisy gaming PC and it works well.

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #6,757 of 8,833
Of course it isn’t. Just more expensive.
It's not more expensive than buying a good LPS of 5V. There are tons of them on Ali for less than €40.

I fail to understand what you are talking about. He needs a single RJ45 output to connect his R26.

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #6,759 of 8,833
It's not more expensive than buying a good LPS of 5V. There are tons of them on Ali for less than €40.

I fail to understand what you are talking about. He needs a single RJ45 output to connect his R26.
I still wouldn’t recommend a switch on the “clean” side to replace a media convertor.
Way more noise or potential for noise and harmonic distortion from every other internal component inside the switch and LAN port. Switches like the EtherRegen attempts to solve this issue with a “moat”. And you are not going to find a fiber switch for $40 on Ali that cares about audio.
Fiber switch on the dirty side for sure.

Anyway it’s moot for our OP as certain FMCs take a 12v.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #6,760 of 8,833
Mod Comment: Let's keep it civil. Feel free to post discussions but keep it from inciting arguments please.

Jul 11, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #6,761 of 8,833
I have been using for 2 years, with success, 2 Mesh Tenda boxes with RJ45 outputs. They are supplied very correctly and act as a bridge between my box-Nas and my audio server. On the audio side, it's a Cat5 UTP Monoprice (AWG32 copper) + Ethernet 100Mb.
This system has been adopted by quite a few other audiophiles.

Between the server and my A26, it's a direct link without a switch (IPV6). The JCAT card manages (like all) the crossover.. no more need for a crossover ethernet cable like in the 20th century !!

Code:
Tenda MESH > [ Eth1 (ipv4) = ROON <> HQPlayer = Eth2 (IPV6) ] > A26/naa

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #6,763 of 8,833
Jul 12, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #6,765 of 8,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back